Username
Password

02:35 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
All alone is all I'll ever be
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
Stoked on this 24 hour show thing. Really cool idea and hopefully we'll get another single, May 14th feels like forever!

Also, these music suggestions are sweet.
09:29 AM on 04/24/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
Whoa, killer stuff. It's gonna be a good year for music.
10:12 PM on 04/24/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
Common theme I'm seeing in these songs is HUGE choruses, which is a great thing. If this album does leak, it'll probably be a week before like Suburbia. Did The Upsides leak? I don't remember. Might squeeze out one more single before release, here's hoping!
09:39 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
I think Upsides leaked over a month early. A big part of Scared and Sorry had to do with that I think.

Oh yeah you're right, it was out on Spotify like a month before release
07:47 PM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
Really stoked to hear Chaser and Devil in My Bloodstream. Heard a lot of good things about those two in particular.
08:27 AM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
For me, next month brings TWY, Captain We're Sinking, The Front Bottoms, Misser, You, Me, and Everyone We Know, and finally Slam Dunk Leeds. May is going to be a very, very, very good month. I mean I've got like 2 exams and 2 essays but WHATEVERRRR
Whoa, didnt realize YMAEWK is putting out another EP so soon, sweet! Glad to see Ben still making music. Really excited for The Front Bottoms also.
02:24 PM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
All these cool bands playing and I'll be stuck working at a restaurant :/ Hey Thomas, will you be posting an early review of TGG?
04:05 PM on 04/28/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
I think based off song title alone The Bastards, The Vultures, The Wolves is the song I'm most looking forward to hearing. No idea what the subject matter will be, but it seems like the 5th song on each TWY album is my least favorite. Hopefully every song will be a knockout.
05:27 PM on 04/28/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
Quote:
That's funny that you say that because New Years with Carl Weathers and My Life as a Pigeon are actually my least favorites on both albums haha besides the interludes on Suburbia]

I agree, they both have killer bridges but in comparison to the other songs on their respective albums they're kinda weak.

Quote:
If I remember correctly it's about Soup's distaste with things in the music industry. If that's true, color me excited.

Sounds pretty sweet, I figured it would probably be something like that. Hopefully there's another single before the album drops. It's kind of sad how excited I am for this and a few other albums coming out
07:10 PM on 04/28/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
I know it strains his voice but I would love to hear Hostels and Brothels more often. Definitely an underrated TWY song imo

This! Such a good song, verses are bouncy, chorus is huge, lyrics are great. Top 3 Upsides song imo.
09:11 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
PTSD is currently my favorite song (Before it was Dont Let Me Cave In) so I'm incredibly excited to hear the other songs. Hopefully Soupy does a track-by-track style interview like with previous releases.
12:04 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
If we're using the Suburbia release as our guide (I honestly don't remember The Upsides release that well) then the pre-orders will probably ship next Tuesday or so, plus a stream is very likely next week. If anything, it's only 15 days away! So excited.
01:28 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
You should all listen to the new Captain, We're Sinking to tide you over until then.

Good stuff. I've been trying not to listen to TWY, listening to new stuff and revisiting old albums from other bands I love.
03:22 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
Sweet! Guess I'll find out soon if my "5th song on the album is the worst" theory holds up this Thursday, I really hope it doesn't!
03:47 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
How? You aren't hearing the whole album, you're hearing the third song to be released.

Well I dislike New Years and My life as A Pigeon so if I like this song, theory broken!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos