AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:14 AM on 09/15/12 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
Basically my thoughts on it.
I keep forgetting to order A Year As A Ghost. Good thing it's not limited.

It actually is kind of sort of limited. I think 500 are getting printed that aren't already sold. So you dont have to like jump on it right now, but if you wanted one I'd hate to not tell you and have you be let down when they stop being in print.
08:28 PM on 11/09/12 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
BOOK IS FINALLY SHIPPING! YES! Sorry for the delays! Customs was killing us.
10:13 PM on 11/09/12 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
Anyone know if it's possible to change my shipping address for A Year As A Ghost? I've moved twice since I ordered it so I don't think it'll find it's way to me through mail forwarding.

Contact merch now
10:24 PM on 11/09/12 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
So happy! Can't wait to see it, man. Hope tour is going well, see you in a week.

Thank you sir! Hope to say hi at the show.
10:25 PM on 11/09/12 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
I don't think I've ever been so excited to receive something in the mail! I can't wait to look through it

I really think you're gonna love it. So much went into it. I'm especially pleased with the lyric sheets where y head was going faster than my hands and words are just missing syllables. Also, several pictures of Kennedy going to the bathroom.
08:48 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
I love the Wonder Years.
But this interview kinda upset me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=VMf xhGhAR2A

I wrote them this via fb:
For some reason I have a feeling I have to set this straight about your comment on European racism towards Americans.
As a 22-year old German I really can't settle with the generalization of only us dudes involved in the punk-scene being open-minded.
Whenever I meet people from other countries (including Americans!) I try to get into conversations with them and to make a good impression. Ok, I am, kind of, involved in this punk/hardcore scene (or what you wanna call it).
But no one in my family listens to Punkrock. I have many friends that don't listen to Punk or go to shows. Still, whenever we are out and meet tourists (including Americans!), we are open minded and not judging at all.

We have respect for and interest in the USA.
Being open-minded and respectful is not a product of being involved in the punkrock scene. It's a product of education and common sense. My non-punk friends and my family are just as respectful towards Americans as I am.
I don't think people from your and my scene should be made into some forward-thinking-elite - because let's be honest - that's not what we are. This scene has many dicks, just like every other scene and society has its dicks.
Besides, I could tell you a lot of stories of how being German is received with a big fat: "So you're a nazi?" by people from other countries.

Respect and tolerance are part of common sense, not part of a scene.
No hating, I just wanted to make my statement.

No answer though.
Love the band and music though.
I just disagree with this interview. Manifest-Destinycore.

I don't know how to check our FB messages and I can't watch the interview in question right now but I can say that I don't mean to over generalize as a lot of people in Europe have been awesome to us. We've just simultaneously found a ton of condescension and anger towards us before an interaction has begun. I'm strictly speaking from experience and don't mean to offend anyone who doesn't fall into that category. It's just disenchanting to go somewherr and see a lot of aggression brought to you based on being from a certain place. On the other hand, its amazing to see acceptance in the same scenario.
10:28 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified

The mathcore band?
09:41 PM on 03/25/13 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/passing-through-a-screen-door/id622683749?i=622684496
09:44 PM on 03/25/13 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
A few things:

1. Vinyl pre-order will be back tomorrow.
2. If this song is to "Suburbia-y" for you, you're in luck because that's why we chose it. The rest of the record varies quite a bit more.
3. Anything you're pissed about at what's probably an irrational level ($500 preorder, vinyl only in bundles, price of shipping, etc etc) probably had nothing to do with us. We spent weeks on the phone arguing over every detail of this shit. Trust me, this is a lot better than how it could have been.
09:50 PM on 03/25/13 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
is the initial pressing going to be more now or are you just releasing more red to the public? i luckily snatched up one of the blue bundles. Thanks for being rad and fighting so hard for the fans and our money, it really means a lot to know yall are looking out for us.

When a few of you guys recognize it and thank us, it really makes up for the jerks that just curse our name for things we can't help.

The red is going to get expanded. There are five blue left and those will be put with the five $500 packages that didn't sell before we had to pull all the vinyl down if I'm understanding correctly.
08:37 AM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
since when do you have this album?

I showed him a few songs when he came to hang in Columbus.
04:57 PM on 04/18/13 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified

Great BBQ and that venue we just played had the funniest sound guy I may have ever dealt with. You're ok in my book!
10:16 AM on 04/21/13 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
Did the chicago ten am show sell out?

Last I saw, there were 12 tickets left.
11:21 AM on 04/21/13 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
That's awesome!!
I know Philly, Chain are sold out.

CD Bundle tickets for NYC still available or they gone as well ??

NYC is currently sold out. We have tickets held for press though. If we don't need them we'll put them on sale.
08:33 AM on 05/06/13 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
I like Fireworks but they aren't even in the same league as The Wonder Years. That band can only dream of doing the type of things TWY do on TGG

As nice of a statement as that is, and as much as I appreciate it, I think that Gospel is the best record this sub-set of genres has produced in the last five years, easily. The nuance on that record is undeniable. The lyrics are my favorite the genre has ever seen and the drum and bass work is on par with Stay What You Are.

That said, its so nice to hear that you think TGG is even on that level because I consider it to be as good as it gets.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos