Male - 23 Years Old

awwwwwwwwww
01:35 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
You guys have the stupidest drama on the site and I hope you know that.

Idk man your beef with Kyle was pretty laughable.
01:35 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
College Park, MD
Male
K. Leaving this group too. I was really enjoying my time away from all you assholes anyway. I really could care less to talk to any of you at all anymore. You're all so petty for no reason and I don't know how I didn't give up on interacting with you all a long time ago. Rant over. Bye.

did you see quadp quadping in the woe is me review?
01:59 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member

No and I'm glad
05:43 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 21 Years Old
K. Leaving this group too. I was really enjoying my time away from all you assholes anyway. I really could care less to talk to any of you at all anymore. You're all so petty for no reason and I don't know how I didn't give up on interacting with you all a long time ago. Rant over. Bye.

Would just like to mention that this was because a certain someone got called out for bragging about not caring about his Fantasy Football team getting beat.
05:45 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
barkjon
the sunspots in your eyes
Seattle, WA
Male
Soo, listened to all four TWY releases a number of times, and this is what I have to say, as a newer fan of TWY...

GSOI: Many people disregard this album. I kinda did too at first, but you have to look at it in a certain light to truly enjoy it. This is TWY's first album, full of hilarious lyrics, random keys/synths, and unnecessary breakdowns. This album doesn't really compare to the rest of the discog, but it's still good. As it has been said time and time again, the most "normal" songs on this album (Keystone and Keeping it Real) are probably the best, though I now enjoy "What if We [Swam]" and "Racing Trains". You have to see this album has done by a new band with kind of naive songwriting skills. To use the comparison, I'd compare this to Identity Crisis, the debut by Thrice (my favorite band): naive, kinda sketchy, doesn't hold up to the rest of the discography as well, but has some really good songs and moments if you can really dive in and enjoy it.

Won't Be Pathetic Forever: HUGE departure from GSOI. This EP is sounding more and more like TWY we now know and love. Not much misplace synths, some good sing-a-long parts, and a lot more straightforward pop-punk. Still has a bit of the humor from GSOI (just the title of Solo & Chewy, for example). Good stuff here, but it's only 4 songs, which kind of sucks.

The Upsides: seriously getting into the current era and where it gets better (best). This is still rather straightforward pop-punk (with the exception of Hey Thanks and a few of the bonus tracks). In my opinion, this album is almost as good as Suburbia, but yeah. Absolutely great album. I can see this album bringing basically anybody out of depression, especially with the recurring motif of "I'm not sad anymore". The fact that Soupy wrote these songs after a rough breakup seriously increases the lyrical value, imo. And Melrose Diner is the best breakup song ever. Musically, synths are gone from this album. The rhytmn section here sounds ridiculously consistent and straightforward, but better than the earlier two releases. Production is better but not perfect, and Soupy's singing has increased.

Suburbia...: Here we go. This is my favorite TWY release. I absolutely love the lyrics in this album, and the comparisons to the Ginsberg poem is cool. As far as the instrumentation goes, the drums are absolutely amazing. As a drummer for 6 years, I can appreciate good drum skills, and Mike Kennedy is absolutely amazing here. Synths are back, but way more tasteful. Production sounds a lot cleaner, and Soupy's singing skills have seriously increased. This album already means alot to me, going through rough times recently. I love Suburbia, and seriously hope that TWY follows along this path, musically.

Yeah, this "review" was long and pointless, haha. Just wanted to share it.
05:48 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
i miss when i was young and wanted to post 4 paragraph rants about bands on this website. i genuinely mean that.
05:48 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 21 Years Old

I just did and I want to pour acid into my eyes

doesn't he know that the regent hardcore snob here is me
05:51 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member

doesn't he know that the regent hardcore snob here is me

even you snobby isnt half as bad as that
05:53 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
barkjon
Seattle, WA
Male
i miss when i was young and wanted to post 4 paragraph rants about bands on this website. i genuinely mean that.

yeah. I posted that and I'm like "...fuck... gonna get flamed for this, somehow. Probably just wasted 5 minutes of my life..."
06:05 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
College Park, MD
Male

At least snobby stvyung knows what he's talking about.
06:19 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
maxvsmaradona
"I Am The Truth" coming soon!
New Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old

those were the days. Brand New Subway Fight Club Thread.
06:19 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 21 Years Old

that's because snobby me knows what he's talking about and doesn't get "crucial" recs from the wndr group and then pretend to be an expert on them the following week.

Plus I'm usually messing around lol
06:43 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CheckeredFloors
nah
Male - 20 Years Old
Fucking hell that line about being able to bring nearly anyone out of depression is completely fucking ridiculous for like a billion reasons.

Sweet Jesus.
06:52 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
barkjon
Seattle, WA
Male
Fucking hell that line about being able to bring nearly anyone out of depression is completely fucking ridiculous for like a billion reasons.

Sweet Jesus.

yeah.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS