AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

03:17 AM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
Yolanda6ls
No Avatar Selected
They're also doing a tour in the fall but we don't know with who yet.
05:39 AM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
When a few of you guys recognize it and thank us, it really makes up for the jerks that just curse our name for things we can't help.

The red is going to get expanded. There are five blue left and those will be put with the five $500 packages that didn't sell before we had to pull all the vinyl down if I'm understanding correctly.
I am fascinated that no one has asked about your sketch comedy pilot
09:54 AM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
Hatfield, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
They're also doing a tour in the fall but we don't know with who yet.

We don't know either.
10:02 AM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
Song was pretty solid, related to the lyrics for once cause my engaged only two years older than me brother what am I doing with my life
11:01 AM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
bobby runs
I dunno
San Diego,CA
Male - 25 Years Old
The Story So Far, Forever Came Calling, and some band I don't know about yet.
11:06 AM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
DeviateRogue
Silence of the Rams
San Antonio, Texas
Male - 21 Years Old
More Hostage Calm and I'll be a happy man.
11:19 AM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
Cleveland, OH
Male - 21 Years Old
I feel like it'd be an odd combo but it'd be really cool if TWY toured with The Menzingers. And if The Swellers opened that'd also be great
11:22 AM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
Hatfield, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
The Story So Far, Forever Came Calling, and some band I don't know about yet.

Nah. Prolly not.
12:13 PM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
anonymous girl
No Avatar Selected
Just preordered the Greatest Generation Super Bundle yesterday, and I’m sorry to say it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I don’t want to be THAT person, but it feels like Hopeless Records/Merch Now is ripping off TWY fans. I paid $500 plus shipping for a lot of really cool stuff (I’m really stoked about the test press and drum head), including “free admission +1 to a 2013 TWY show,” but when I got the order summary it listed the admission as costing $100. The most I’ve ever paid for two tickets to see TWY is $42.00. I called Merch Now to see why the tickets are valued so high, keeping my fingers crossed that maybe it meant there would be something really cool included like being able to see the sound check, only to find out that the $100 was basically an arbitrary number used to push the package up to $500. If admission were really free, the package would be $400. (As hopeless as I knew it was, I still had kept my fingers crossed that maybe the $100 included backstage access so I wouldn’t get the shit beaten out of me during a TWY concert for once and could watch them play in peace. Then the Merch Now guy brought me back to reality. Only in dreams, right?)
I’ve met the guys from the band on several occasions and they seem like really genuine people who care about their fans and would never knowingly take advantage of them. I’m more than happy to support the band by buying their music and merchandise and by going to their shows, but I like to know that I’m getting my money’s worth because I don’t have a lot of it. (If I was rich, I wouldn’t mind because I love the guys and want them to be successful. I’d throw in another $500 just for the hell of it if I had that kind of money.)
Maybe this is divine retribution for illegally downloading The Upsides, GSOI, and WBPF before I saw them for the first time with New Found Glory in 2010 so that I’d already know their music at the show. I thought I had atoned for that by buying close to $1000 worth of their vinyl and going to five of their shows. (Besides, I don’t think anyone here believes in divine retribution anyway.)
Anyway, love the new song, can’t wait for the album, and I’ll probably get over the extra $100 when I have the test press in my hands.
12:21 PM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
100 bucks for two tickets? That's fucked.
12:22 PM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
Cleveland, OH
Male - 21 Years Old
As long as it's not The Dangerous Summer.

That would be bad
12:43 PM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
Purchase, NY
Male - 20 Years Old
I feel like it'd be an odd combo but it'd be really cool if TWY toured with The Menzingers. And if The Swellers opened that'd also be great

Seconded. Aren't The Swellers bigger than The Menzingers?

That'd be too many "The" bands though.
12:52 PM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
anonymous girl
No Avatar Selected
I really wish they were still on No Sleep. They were always fair with their merch prices and understood that most of TWY’s fans are either in their late teens or early to mid twenties and don’t have a lot of money.
12:54 PM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
Oxford, OH
Male - 23 Years Old
Wow, that's a really shitty move by MerchNow.
01:01 PM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
Amib70
You think of everything
Boston
Female - 19 Years Old
Still listening to the new song because I love it so much. And if TWY and The Menzingers toured together I'd fucking die but probably literally because the last time I saw either of those bands I got fucked up

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos