Username
Password

07:42 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 21 Years Old
I don't understand why people get excited on a song based on the title. Sounds ridiculous.

That being said, both songs are excellent. I feel like this band matures at the same pace as I do. Wouldn't like any of their old records if they were released now, but I love the two new songs.

Also, the mixes sound amazing. The guitar tones are ridiculously good.
08:17 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
fishguts182
Pop Punks For Hugs Not Thugs
New Mexico
Male - 25 Years Old
does anyone know if dismantling summer will be available on itunes tonight?
08:20 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
feelgoodside
Yes, yes I am.
Male - 21 Years Old
I don't understand why people get excited on a song based on the title. Sounds ridiculous.
It's because song titles almost always give away ideas of what the songs are about. That and that song is over 7 minutes long, which is something that TWY hasn't done before.
08:42 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
dontdrivenaked
South Bend, IN
Male - 21 Years Old
does anyone know if dismantling summer will be available on itunes tonight?
It's already available, I just bought it
09:03 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
fishguts182
Pop Punks For Hugs Not Thugs
New Mexico
Male - 25 Years Old
It's already available, I just bought it

thanks, when I searched the store I did not find it but was able to track down the link (https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/di...le/id627848904)
09:05 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 21 Years Old
It's because song titles almost always give away ideas of what the songs are about. That and that song is over 7 minutes long, which is something that TWY hasn't done before.
Almost always? Especially in this scene, songs more often then not are either vague, or unrelated to the song itself. Either way, it is cool that it's a 7 minute song. Hope it's not just a 4 minute fade out, although I doubt this band would have a cop out like that.
09:13 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
feelgoodside
Yes, yes I am.
Male - 21 Years Old
Almost always? Especially in this scene, songs more often then not are either vague, or unrelated to the song itself. Either way, it is cool that it's a 7 minute song. Hope it's not just a 4 minute fade out, although I doubt this band would have a cop out like that.
I would say that The Wonder Years song titles are all pretty true to the theme of the song, and that song has a cool sounding title.

And ap.net's Jason said that the song is 7 full minutes of awesomeness.
10:51 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Noooooooooooch
Saginaw, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
I only listened once and I think I like Screen Door more but I won't really know until I listen more.
11:00 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
it's a legit 7 minute song and the best TWY song ever, by far.
05:35 AM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
Cleveland, OH
Male - 20 Years Old
I don't want to wait a month for the album. But I'm so excited to go to Chicago, first time ever going there and I'm gonna hang out the night before and the day after. The show should rule

If anyone has food suggestions and places I should visit please let me know!
07:04 AM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
Raleigh, NC
Male - 26 Years Old
Not sure if a good resolution of this had been posted, so here

02:25 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
dontdrivenaked
South Bend, IN
Male - 21 Years Old
m
I don't want to wait a month for the album. But I'm so excited to go to Chicago, first time ever going there and I'm gonna hang out the night before and the day after. The show should rule

If anyone has food suggestions and places I should visit please let me know!
Get deep dish pizza at Giordano's, also a lot of people like to get popcorn from Garrett's - those are the food must do's. Check out Millenium Park, the tower formerly known as Sears lol (it's expensive to actually go to the top), check out some shopping on Michigan Ave if you're into that, if you're into baseball the two ballparks are moderately close to down town, there's some museums if you're into that too. I think that about sums it up. The homeless people are kind of fun to talk to, and the more interesting one's definitely come out at night. Be smart, be safe lol.
02:47 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
LifeOfDefiance
No Avatar Selected
Male - 23 Years Old
m
Get deep dish pizza at Giordano's, also a lot of people like to get popcorn from Garrett's - those are the food must do's. Check out Millenium Park, the tower formerly known as Sears lol (it's expensive to actually go to the top), check out some shopping on Michigan Ave if you're into that, if you're into baseball the two ballparks are moderately close to down town, there's some museums if you're into that too. I think that about sums it up. The homeless people are kind of fun to talk to, and the more interesting one's definitely come out at night. Be smart, be safe lol.
last point made me lol. I've had funny convos with so many homeless people in Chicago.
04:44 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
NJ
Male - 16 Years Old
Staff Member
it's a legit 7 minute song and the best TWY song ever, by far.

You really seem to enjoy when bands write songs longer than they usually do, with this and "Gravity, Metaphorically."
09:14 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
mrgenious
the sugary smell of spring time
Missouri
Male - 22 Years Old
from TWY wikipedia right now:
"The Wonder Years are streaming their New single "Dismantling Summer" on Alternative Press. That shit was cash."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos