Username
Password

12:01 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
cscwell107
You Will Always Have My Attention
Akron, Oh
Male - 23 Years Old
You should all listen to the new Captain, We're Sinking to tide you over until then.

True Story
12:08 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
Hatfield, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I wonder if the vinyl is still delayed until June like the preorder page said. Soupy tweeted a picture of the "Dismantling Summer" seven inch a few days ago, so those are obviously done.

We're hoping it'll be done in time for the release. Looking pretty good right now, but until we have it in our hands that doesn't mean anything.
12:16 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
and we all return to our roots
Normal, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
We're hoping it'll be done in time for the release. Looking pretty good right now, but until we have it in our hands that doesn't mean anything.

Awesome! I also have an unrelated question, since you're here. Did you guys tune to Eb-standard instead of drop-Db for the new album? Obviously the two songs you've released can be played in either one (unless I missed a lower note somewhere), but I was just curious since I was working on learning them.
12:28 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
Never even stood a chance
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
You should all listen to the new Captain, We're Sinking to tide you over until then.

Good stuff. I've been trying not to listen to TWY, listening to new stuff and revisiting old albums from other bands I love.
12:35 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
Hatfield, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Awesome! I also have an unrelated question, since you're here. Did you guys tune to Eb-standard instead of drop-Db for the new album? Obviously the two songs you've released can be played in either one (unless I missed a lower note somewhere), but I was just curious since I was working on learning them.

I'm really the only one who plays in standard. Casey and Matt seem to stick to dropped. Josh tracked a bunch of songs in standard as well. On this record, I play 7 of the songs in standard. Last song I tuned to DADGAD. I'm pretty sure I play half of Suburbia in standard too. I'm such a rebel.

But yes, both of those songs are in standard for Josh and I.
01:03 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
dunkinsdonut
MD
Male - 23 Years Old

Damn fine album
02:53 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
Jersey, Channel...
Male - 22 Years Old

So good. Annoying it's in shitty quality, got it preordered but will probably buy it again to get an HQ version. Lake and Brother are my favourite songs off it at the moment.

04:18 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
Albany NY
Male - 19 Years Old
Verified
So good. Annoying it's in shitty quality, got it preordered but will probably buy it again to get an HQ version. Lake and Brother are my favourite songs off it at the moment.

Trying so hard not to give in to this leak but I can only imagine how good this record is. Ugh.
04:32 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
Jersey, Channel...
Male - 22 Years Old
Trying so hard not to give in to this leak but I can only imagine how good this record is. Ugh.

I couldn't help myself, been hugely anticipating it since montreal got released in october. Definitely worth waiting for an HQ version, though. I'm pretty sure this version was ripped off of one of the vinyl's they sold at Stay Sweet. You should listen to some of the live videos of the songs to tide you over.
07:52 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
xBranx
Albany NY
Male - 19 Years Old
Verified
I couldn't help myself, been hugely anticipating it since montreal got released in october. Definitely worth waiting for an HQ version, though. I'm pretty sure this version was ripped off of one of the vinyl's they sold at Stay Sweet. You should listen to some of the live videos of the songs to tide you over.

I'll just hit their back catalogue. I'm glad this band is finally doing well. I think I have a shirt of theirs lying around my house that's pretty old and I'm determined to find it now.
09:54 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
trip9
Fredericksburg, VA
Male - 24 Years Old
Wow, I'd never heard of Captain, We're Sinking before this thread. They're really fucking good.
08:48 AM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
San Antonio, Texas
Male - 20 Years Old
Alright seriously, Fuck VICTORY Records. Pre-orders for The Hands That Thieve aren't shipping anytime soon.
09:15 AM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
xBranx
Albany NY
Male - 19 Years Old
Verified
Wow, I'd never heard of Captain, We're Sinking before this thread. They're really fucking good.

A serious gem of a band. Their singers work so well together.
10:47 AM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
Cleveland, OH
Male - 20 Years Old
Alright seriously, Fuck VICTORY Records. Pre-orders for The Hands That Thieve aren't shipping anytime soon.

Shittiest situation. Both versions of the album are so great too
10:50 AM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
San Antonio, Texas
Male - 20 Years Old
Yeah, caved and torrented Toh Kay, at least Streetlight is streaming on Spotify.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets