Username
Password

02:30 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
lazyguy202
30% Bean
the toilet
Male - 20 Years Old
In an effort to maybe get this thread back on the topic of TWY and TGG (10 days or less y'all), what do you guys think the 5 recurring themes (ghosts, devils, birds, bombs, and pills) are supposed to represent? I saw a post on the video for The Bastards that hypothesized that the devil represents Soupy's depression and it seems to fit with what lyrics we have so far. Any thoughts on the rest?

The only other one i could begin to make a guess towards is that "bombs" represent the end; essentially the pinnacle of everything going wrong.
02:46 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
Oxford, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
Almost positive that the pills are anti-depressants.
03:02 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
Cleveland, OH
Male - 20 Years Old
Really can't wait for this I've had Dismantling Summer stuck in my head all day but I'm trying not to listen to the songs again until I have the album
03:08 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
I'm gonna guess that the ghosts represent feeling misguided and lost. "I spent this year as a ghost and I'm not sure where home is anymore."

No clue what birds could mean.
03:18 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
dontdrivenaked
South Bend, IN
Male - 21 Years Old
Calling them bad is an

Understatement
Are you making an NFG pun?
04:10 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
JPA917
@JPA05
Murfreesboro, TN
Male - 21 Years Old
This man speaks the truth. On a side note once had Chad Gilbert autograph my Not Without A Fight as Captain Straightedge

lol that is so awesome
06:36 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
how r u

kevin gates - the luca brasi story
deniro farrar - the patriarch
polyenso - one big particular loop
the haxan cloak - excavation
vondelpark - seabed
Phoenix - bankrupt
james blake - overgrown

just a few things

Quoting this post because I'm listening to this album now and this post is the only mention of it on the entire site. I'm goddamn terrified right now, this thing is giving me serious chills.
06:56 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
JPA917
@JPA05
Murfreesboro, TN
Male - 21 Years Old
Quoting this post because I'm listening to this album now and this post is the only mention of it on the entire site. I'm goddamn terrified right now, this thing is giving me serious chills.

Holy fuck, you aren't lying. I just started listening. This is hella intense.
07:05 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Holy fuck, you aren't lying. I just started listening. This is hella intense.
Yeah, man. It's simultaneously atmospheric and claustrophobic. I've been very uncomfortable this entire time, but in an oddly enjoyable way. The record apparently explores the concept of death, and I fully see that.
07:07 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
S-Marshall
No Avatar Selected
Male - 19 Years Old
The only other one i could begin to make a guess towards is that "bombs" represent the end; essentially the pinnacle of everything going wrong.

Could also be receiving bad news.
07:10 PM on 05/04/13 
User Info.
JPA917
@JPA05
Murfreesboro, TN
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah, man. It's simultaneously atmospheric and claustrophobic. I've been very uncomfortable this entire time, but in an oddly enjoyable way. The record apparently explores the concept of death, and I fully see that.

Yeah I think the entire album, along with the album art, does a good job depicting the overall theme. It's overwhelming in such an interesting way. Like, I'm telling myself, "You really shouldn't be enjoying this," but I totally am. And holy shit, as I was typing this, the beginning of "Miste" scared the living hell out of me.
06:32 AM on 05/05/13 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 22 Years Old
I really like NFG but I can understand people not liking them. They're not *that* special, but I do think they do (or at least did) pop punk very well.
02:08 PM on 05/05/13 
User Info.
TimTheMechanic
All alone is all I'll ever be
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
In an effort to maybe get this thread back on the topic of TWY and TGG (10 days or less y'all), what do you guys think the 5 recurring themes (ghosts, devils, birds, bombs, and pills) are supposed to represent? I saw a post on the video for The Bastards that hypothesized that the devil represents Soupy's depression and it seems to fit with what lyrics we have so far. Any thoughts on the rest?

I'd imagine birds represent freedom or love or something like that.
02:09 PM on 05/05/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
album is fucking amazing. i can only listen to it when im in a certain mood, but yeah. love it.
05:48 PM on 05/05/13 
User Info.
Amib70
You think of everything
Boston
Female - 19 Years Old
I hated nfg when I was a kid because my brother played All Downhill From Here for fucking ever and I thought that record cover was gross. Idgi either but hey Jake I like your avatar

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos