Username
Password

03:39 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
Carrow
I am that dickhead in the kitchen.
Ireland
Male - 22 Years Old
Hi guys. I haven't come around here very often in the last couple of years - I think I was actually around for when Suburbia was released in June of 2011, but I've mainly lurked since then. Think I'm going to give the AP forums another shot, in general.

I'm coming back in here to say that I am really impressed with The Greatest Generation so far. I got my review stream about 10 minutes before I was aware it had been uploaded yesterday, so that was ridiculous. On the whole, this is shaping up to be the best TWY album so far. I haven't really been able to sit down and focus on it, but it's great so far. I broke down in tears listening to the closer last night; it just hit me way too close to home.

It's a very emotionally heavy album, I can tell after just one listen. The band deserve credit for their performances on the record; TWY sound like the best band they could be, and on a musical level, I couldn't be happier with the album. It's an even more personal album for Soupy. He's being more candid than ever - Teenage Parents, Dismantling Summer and A Raindance In Traffic are great examples of that, and I can't wait to see someone post the lyrics so I can get inside the album and start to fully understand it. Suburbia didn't fully click until I had a lyric sheet, either.

The lyrics will probably be posted before I'm holding the LP in my hands - and on that note, when are the Silver Bullet UK orders expected to ship? Anyone know? I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation, but then I didn't last time out, either.

Wish I wasn't in work right now; I want to spend more time with this album so bad. Nick, Matt, Casey, Mike, Josh and ESPECIALLY Soupy: thank you for being the band you are. The Upsides saved me from going into total meltdown in 2010, and while things have only gotten slightly easier for me since then, The Wonder Years have been there for me through everything, and you guys are people to whom I owe a debt of gratitude.
03:55 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
MKMN
reality realer than yours
Canada
Male - 20 Years Old
I've only listened to like the first 8 or so tracks last night when I was walking places, but those alone already make this my favourite TWY record. Gonna properly listen through it now.
05:23 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
thegetupkev
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 21 Years Old
Who made the Wonder Years subreddit?

Shit is so styling, good work on the custom style.

I made it! haha. Thanks dude :D
06:06 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
Matt Metzler
anberlinforever.com | The History of Anberlin
Oxford, OH
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Trying to figure out one word of the chorus of Chaser, it's probably really simple but I'm just not hearing it:

If you believe her,
???? going home again.
06:12 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
Charlesieiy
Loose Change
Jersey, Channel...
Male - 23 Years Old
Trying to figure out one word of the chorus of Chaser, it's probably really simple but I'm just not hearing it:

If you believe her,
???? going home again.
I thought it was "There's no going home again." Could be wrong, though.
06:56 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
CoffeeEyes17
You look so cool
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 22 Years Old
Stoked for Mr. Nassiff's review. Judging by his tweets this review may or may not piss people off.
07:08 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
incognitojones
www.dopeshithappens.com
Stoked for Mr. Nassiff's review. Judging by his tweets this review may or may not piss people off.

"11/10"
07:09 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
dunkinsdonut
No Avatar Selected
MD
Male - 25 Years Old

I don't forecast TN giving this one a 2
07:25 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
Tampa
Male - 21 Years Old
I actually want him to do this just to piss people off lol
07:36 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
I know you're strong.
Chicago, IL
Male - 23 Years Old
The more I listen to this, the more I like it. I've been working on figuring out chords and bass lines, and I would like to point out that Josh is in top form all around this album. So many cool, subtle lines and fills.
07:39 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
CoffeeEyes17
You look so cool
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 22 Years Old
The more I listen to this, the more I like it. I've been working on figuring out chords and bass lines, and I would like to point out that Josh is in top form all around this album. So many cool, subtle lines and fills.

This. A lot of really good bass lines in this one. Also been trying to figure out the chords for Madelyn and an acoustic version of Devil in My Bloodstream.
07:50 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
Midland, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
Kennedy doesn't get enough love. The guy is consistently amazing on all TWY releases and TGG is no exception.

Edit: on a different note I'm starting to think Dismantling Summer is my favorite. I've had it stuck in my head all day.
07:56 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
CoffeeEyes17
You look so cool
Holden Beach, NC
Male - 22 Years Old
I think if I HAD to rank the songs, it'd be something like this

1. Teenage Parents
2. Funeral
3. Cul-De-Sac
4. The Devil in My Bloodstream
5. A Raindance in Traffic

But honestly there's not a dull track on here. They're all unique and I'll be singing along to all of them this summer.
08:03 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
I know you're strong.
Chicago, IL
Male - 23 Years Old
This. A lot of really good bass lines in this one. Also been trying to figure out the chords for Madelyn and an acoustic version of Devil in My Bloodstream.

I have both of those figured out if you want me to send them to you.

Kennedy doesn't get enough love. The guy is consistently amazing on all TWY releases and TGG is no exception.

Edit: on a different note I'm starting to think Dismantling Summer is my favorite. I've had it stuck in my head all day.

Agreed about Kennedy. I only mentioned Josh because I was actually playing bass at the time. But speaking of drums, my only gripe with this album so far is the lack of 6/8 time (or anything besides 4/4). The verses of "And Now I'm Nothing" are my favorite drum part in any TWY song, so I was hoping for more of that here.

Also, top five songs so far, since someone else did it:

1. Teenage Parents
2. The Devil In My Bloodstream
3. Dismantling Summer
4. I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
5. There, There
08:05 AM on 05/09/13 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
Midland, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
Top 5 for me are

Dismantling Summer
Cul-De-Sac
There, There
PTSD
Funeral

That will without a doubt change though. I'll probably never have a set top 5 from this. All the songs are an 8/10 or better.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos