Username
Password

01:05 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
Jersey, Channel...
Male - 22 Years Old
Also, I didn't like Modern Baseball at first but now I really love them.
Yeah, definitely a band you have to give the time of day to get into.
01:05 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
lol at picking a band's worst song and then saying that the band is garbage because of that one song. that's like saying that TWY is garbage based off "bout to get fruit punched."
except no it isn't, and i didn't say it was only because that one song. good try tho
I think they have room to grow into a better band. I think they are good.
nah
that's the furthest thing from the truth.

the implication of "has potential" is that it is something that is not the best it can be and most often is applied to bands that are seen as "ok" that could "get better" or be "good"
01:08 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member

the implication of "has potential" is that it is something that is not the best it can be and most often is applied to bands that are seen as "ok" that could "get better" or be "good"
just because soemthing has potential to be better doesnt mean at present moment it isnt good. im pretty sure i pointed out chance the rapper shows potential throughout acid rap but thats still a good mixtape.
01:10 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
West Chester, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
except no it isn't, and i didn't say it was only because that one song. good try tho

thanks for responding!
01:12 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
just because soemthing has potential to be better doesnt mean at present moment it isnt good. im pretty sure i pointed out chance the rapper shows potential throughout acid rap but thats still a good mixtape.
maybe its just the way i take it then. saying something has potential, to me, sounds like its still undeveloped
thanks for responding!

dont know why yr being sassy to me when you imagined i said something that i didnt and i called you on it
01:14 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
T.E.N Fan
that's life.... so social
South Jersey
Male - 16 Years Old
I don't see why everybody has to be so hard on each others opinions. What happened to respecting others opinions?
01:16 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
maybe its just the way i take it then. saying something has potential, to me, sounds like its still undeveloped

thats not wrong, but sometimes something can be undeveloped but still be good. the term good is pretty subjective itself anyway. but like.....an album that shows potential toward something better can still be a good album. at least how i look at it.
01:18 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
I don't see why everybody has to be so hard on each others opinions. What happened to respecting others opinions?
i think most people are just messing around. at least when i said "you should be ashamed" in regards to liking modern baseball, i was. i can see how people who arent familiar with me or others can take it as insulting. my apologies.
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
Well
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
some opinions are bad, like thinking global warming is fake
thats not wrong, but sometimes something can be undeveloped but still be good. the term good is pretty subjective itself anyway. but like.....an album that shows potential toward something better can still be a good album. at least how i look at it.

it always sounds like its incomplete and that the rest of the sentence isn't "to be better" but "to be good." every band has potential to be better, but no one is saying the new national or vampire weekend album show potential
01:19 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
Not apologizing for some of y'all being fuckboys.
01:20 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
good." every band has potential to be better, but no one is saying the new national or vampire weekend album show potential
because those are established bands that people feel have reached that potential. people said the national's first album showed potential, people said the first vampire weekend album showed potential, etc. but those are both good albums.
01:21 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
because those are established bands that have reached that potential. people said the national's first album showed potential, people said the first vampire weekend album showed potential, etc.
but it's not like those bands don't have more potential right? no ones gonna say they've peaked and its impossible for them to improve any more. again, i guess its just the way i read it.
01:22 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
but it's not like those bands don't have more potential right? no ones gonna say they've peaked and its impossible for them to improve any more. again, i guess its just the way i read it.
i think there's a difference between realizing your potential and improving on what you've done when it comes to the latter portion of a career. could just be me. like, realizing your potential isnt necessarily hitting a ceiling.
01:25 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
i think there's a difference between realizing your potential and improving on what you've done when it comes to the latter portion of a career. could just be me. like, realizing your potential isnt necessarily hitting a ceiling.
Agree with this. That being said, it does seem somewhat like a disclaimer, saying that theirs potential. Like "yeah, this isn't as great as it could be, but you can tell they can do better."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos