Password

01:38 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
DeviateRogue
Silence of the Rams
San Antonio, Texas
Male - 21 Years Old
Taking a break from the drama...

Direct Hit!'s Brainless God is a pretty damn good album.
02:42 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
iamNex
http://rationalnoise.tumblr.com
Munich, Germany
Male
I still don't understand what's going on. Who raped who, and who burned what?
03:12 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
The_Effort
Las Vegas
Male - 22 Years Old
Clearly, I'm the bad guy here. I didn't want to respond because I knew that a bunch of people would team up on me for not giving the exact response they wanted.

I don't agree with what he did and I certainly don't condone it. He told me a little after it happened and I said he shouldn't have done that. Nothing has been said or done since and it won't be happening again at our shows.

Thank you for at least attempting to speak about and clarify the subject. I was under the impression he was selling merch that day, and that may have been inaccurate. I apologize for that. The fact remains that he still has interaction, and a decent level of it, and while not representing you or the band in particular, like at any company he represents the whole.

It is good to know he was scolded for it and it is something that you guys are making sure wont happen again at your shows. That may very well be all you could do at this point. It isn't completely satisfying, but few things in life are.

Edit: I get he was having a bad day, we all have them, but it becomes an issue with people when that bad day leaves you to use your position of relative power within your workplace (aka "the scene" or whatever else would describe it) to put down another band. Especially when you're putting them down because they stood up for an alleged rape victim and you have personal ties to the alleged rapist. I'm sure you understand how that can look bad regardless of how their day went.
05:34 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
Said he hasn't sold merch for a few years. He's still their tour manager and he's on every tour with them.

As a huge fan of both TWY and The Hotelier, and also as a huge fan of common decency, and of rape accusations being taken seriously, I really don't see what's so hard about JJR or Nick just saying, "Hey, I'm sorry. That was inappropriate. Rape accusations are serious, and someone within our band family made a comment that belittled that fact. It shouldn't have happened, but all parties accountable take responsibility for it, and it won't happen again. We extend our support to the victim."

"It happened and that's it" is not an appropriate response.
07:24 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Cbates07
Syracuse, NY
Male
It's not 'their' comments. They were my comments. I simply said that I disagreed with the way Christian brought everything to light. I opted to not post about it on this forum because of people like Star Slight who want me to say the wrong thing so they can turn it into a thing. If Star Slight has an issue with something our tour manager said, then he should take it up with him and stop trying to turn it into a thing that involves my band. It doesn't.
Sorry for the unfair classification, did not mean to say the whole band was involved. I could not find anything on this story with a few different Google searches, so I assume it has not be recognized as a legitimate claim. To be fair, this would not be the first time someone on Tumblr has made a false claim in attempt to get attention.
07:27 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
The_Effort
Las Vegas
Male - 22 Years Old
Sorry for the unfair classification, did not mean to say the whole band was involved. I could not find anything on this story with a few different Google searches, so I assume it has not be recognized as a legitimate claim. To be fair, this would not be the first time someone on Tumblr has made a false claim in attempt to get attention.
wait what claim exactly are you saying is made up? The rape or that the tour manager defended the alleged rapist?
07:32 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Cbates07
Syracuse, NY
Male
wait what claim exactly are you saying is made up? The rape or that the tour manager defended the alleged rapist?
I'm not saying anything is made up, I simply said I assumed it was because I cannot find a legitimate article about the rape claim.

Edit: I may be misinformed, but this all rooted from tumblr, right?
07:41 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
The_Effort
Las Vegas
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm not saying anything is made up, I simply said I assumed it was because I cannot find a legitimate article about the rape claim.

Edit: I may be misinformed, but this all rooted from tumblr, right?
It's a claim originally made anonymously (if I remember correctly at least) about a member of a tiny local band who nobody outside of Long Island cares about. Is it really shocking tmz didn't pick it up? Does it make the claims any less likely to be legitimate?

I obviously don't know, maybe they are made up, but its a slippery slope to go down jumping to that conclusion because nobody writes an article about it.

Also this site posted about it, as did others, idk how to find and link to that thread though. Maybe someone will help me with that.
07:44 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
The_Effort
Las Vegas
Male - 22 Years Old
http://propertyofzack.com/post/67537275438/bellwether-drummer-accused-of-sexual-assault-responds

This is Christian's post
http://explainingwatertothefish.tumblr.com /post/67169470945/tw-harry-corrigan-of-long-island-bands-is-a-sexual

AP's post about it
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3543511

The details of the exchange between the tour manager and the fan were discussed in this thread, the Hotelier album thread, and originally on twitter although I think most of those tweets have been deleted and it was a while ago.
07:44 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Cbates07
Syracuse, NY
Male
It's a claim originally made anonymously (if I remember correctly at least) about a member of a tiny local band who nobody outside of Long Island cares about. Is it really shocking tmz didn't pick it up? Does it make the claims any less likely to be legitimate?

I obviously don't know, maybe they are made up, but its a slippery slope to go down jumping to that conclusion because nobody writes an article about it.

Also this site posted about it, as did others, idk how to find and link to that thread though. Maybe someone will help me with that.
From what I heard, a girl came out about it "10 years later" with a post on Tumblr. I see what you're saying, but usually claims like this blow up in no time at all. Not saying it is any less legitimate, but if someone could link to some source that would be awesome.
07:46 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Cbates07
Syracuse, NY
Male
http://propertyofzack.com/post/67537275438/bellwether-drummer-accused-of-sexual-assault-responds

This is Christian's post
http://explainingwatertothefish.tumb...ds-is-a-sexual

AP's post about it
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3543511
Thank you!
07:48 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
The_Effort
Las Vegas
Male - 22 Years Old
From what I heard, a girl came out about it "10 years later" with a post on Tumblr. I see what you're saying, but usually claims like this blow up in no time at all. Not saying it is any less legitimate, but if someone could link to some source that would be awesome.
10 years? It was in 2012 I think. I think you're mistaking this for a different incident.
07:57 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Cbates07
Syracuse, NY
Male
10 years? It was in 2012 I think. I think you're mistaking this for a different incident.
I put it in quotes because I was not aware of the exact time, but this is definitely what I was told about. I'm from New York so things like this get around pretty quick. It is really weird how this guy keeps dodging the claims and not actually addressing, but simply saying his feelings are hurt. A lot of people's feelings are hurt in this situation man come on, make a statement.
08:05 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Star Slight
Accused woulda been like 8 ten years ago so yeah
08:14 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Cbates07
Syracuse, NY
Male
Accused woulda been like 8 ten years ago so yeah
I'm sorry, what?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE