Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 35 of 35
08:18 PM on 07/07/12
more heart
Endure and survive
User Info.
Just picked up the record today and going through my first listen. Spencer's vocals (cleans and screams) have improved by leaps and bounds. I thought their debut was alright, but I could see myself really digging this.

I am sad at Sumerian's unwillingness to put their artists on Spotify.
I don't blame them. Spotify makes a shit ton off of band's music while the bands themselves get little in the way of royalties. If I were running a label, I wouldn't want my band's music on Spotify either.

Also, you do realize that Sumerian has virtually all of their music streaming for free on Youtube?
08:36 AM on 07/13/12
Kamerov
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wound up liking this album, which I was surprised by. Still not a fan of "Make Total Destroy", but "Scarlet" grew on me a little. A lot of these songs are way too long though, IMO. I get bored halfway through most of them. Most likely will not end up listening to this as much as the first record.

Songs are too long on this record? That's funny most of the songs are about same song length as their debut.
10:16 AM on 07/13/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Songs are too long on this record? That's funny most of the songs are about same song length as their debut.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Then I take back what I said about them being boring because they're too long -- they're just flat out boring in a lot of parts for no reason.
05:51 AM on 07/17/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Spencer for Most Improved Player.

I always thought he was an average singer and an average screamer.

Now he's one of my favorites. Bravo.
06:25 PM on 08/11/13
kevindadbrewer
Kevin Brewer
User Info.
Spencer's vocal control with little use of doctoring was what made this album tolerable to me. I wasn't near as impressed as I was with the first record. Sure it's more flashy, and intricate, but they lost their heavy that originally sparked my interest in the band.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos