AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Early November News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 70 of 70.
08:42 PM on 07/03/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
This album isn't bad, but there are a few songs that I skip every time. The energy of The Room's Too Cold is not matched IMO, and I still see that album as superior to anything else they've done. I'll keep listening to see if it might grow on me, but I don't see this having much lasting value.
10:29 PM on 07/03/12
TheBaroness
User Info.
Very good album. My only quibble is that the acoustic songs (particularly 'Digital Age') ruin the momentum a bit for mine, but besides that I think it's probably the best thing they've put out.
09:25 AM on 07/04/12
its all good 03
i am the wind, singing a sad song.
User Info.
album is fantastic. can't wait to pick it up.
05:06 PM on 07/04/12
The Get Up Kid
User Info.
Awesome album. Showcases all Ace's best talents. The guy just does not put out any bad music. The best songs on the album are as good as any they've done but I did find their slower songs a bit weaker. Not as strong as Ace's solo stuff. Also, slightly disappointed That's Not Your Real Name isn't either full band or not on the record. The only other notes (not necessarily bad things) is that Frayed In Doubt & Wearing The Tie sound very much like Starting Line/Person L songs, at least the riffs. As a collection of songs it flows really well & has a great message in the lyrics all the way through. Need more time to give a rating or where it fits in their collection but I'm hoping this means more music in the future. Top job.
10:49 PM on 07/04/12
DampPants4
User Info.
It's okay, why the hype?
06:23 AM on 07/05/12
quickandsilver
User Info.
I'm only 7 tracks in so far but it's really strong. You never know what to expect in situations like these where you have a breakup and reunion, not to mention a strong back-catalog like TEN has to live up to; but they definitely delivered with this one.

No idea what you're talking about, sounds like Ace knows what he's doing to me. It's especially hard to take that comment seriously when you go so far as to say they sound like shit.
The snare sounds over sampled to me. I just don't really like the mix in general.
06:25 AM on 07/05/12
quickandsilver
User Info.
I noticed that on Wearing The Tie, but its probably just how the vocals sound.
The drums sound like a drum machine.
08:02 AM on 07/06/12
Something More
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fantastic!
08:53 AM on 07/06/12
grimis16
User Info.
I became a fan of his solo work and wasn't a big fan of TEN. This album though is awesome. It feels like a perfect combo of TEN and I Can Make a Mess. After 6 or so listens, its shot up to my top ten for sure.
08:56 AM on 07/06/12
grimis16
User Info.
First song super boring... After that, excellen.
Crazy, that's my favorite
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News