Username
Password
Paramore News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Paramore
Inside AP.net

Paramore Starts Recording Drums, New Blog from Hayley

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (07/05/12)
Paramore has started recording drums for its new album. Hayley Williams has also posted a new blog which you can read here.
From the BlogWhen I was 17, I started writing lyrics to a song that would later be called “Let The Flames Begin”. It was on our sophomore album, RIOT! I never felt like it really sounded as meaningful on record as it seemed when we played it live. Over the years, we added on and added on to it. Not only is it one of our favorites to play at shows but one of the most highly requested live songs by… ahem… you guys. Maybe it’s just because the song is heavier than most our other songs or maybe it’s cause it feels really emotional to sing some of those words. Either way, it means a lot to all of us.

The lyrics touched on the way I saw us (people who were around my same age at the time) and how we fit in to society… and sort of lightly dusted the topic of the human condition. How broken we must seem from the outside, to whoever happens to be looking in. I have always had that deep sort of hurting feeling that happens when you hear a tragic story of someone young who is diagnosed with a terminal sickness, or when you see someone homeless and begging on the side of the road who you could give a couple dollars to but could never really help… but I get it all the time… just about the world at large. Because I feel, truly and deeply, that we are all searching for some kind of cure or some kind of quick fix, all the time. Always filling a void. I do this every day even when I’m not aware. The condition of being alive and breathing. “How can I please me?” It’s not with pessimistic eyes that I see all these things, I just believe it’s realistic. For some people, there is faith that more is at work than just the brokenness of all of us. For others, it’s enough just to know that we try to be the best human we can be and make whatever difference we can. Whatever your pleasure, belief, sorrow or triumph… we are all human and we are all constantly facing some sort of brokenness. Of the heart, of finances, of family, of dreams… it is real pain and it can’t be ignored.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21.
09:01 AM on 07/05/12
price4snow
User Info.
So I bet there will be a new version of this song on the new record. Awesome.
09:04 AM on 07/05/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
I love her writing.
09:04 AM on 07/05/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
I think it's a new song entirely, not a re-recording, but I'm insanely excited for this album
09:10 AM on 07/05/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
ILAN!!! Can't wait to hear the drums on this...
09:20 AM on 07/05/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
That's an awesome song. Reading these blogs and hearing about the studio updates realyl make my day.

Hope one of the songs in this record has the vibe/theme of Looking Up. After all, it would make a lot of sense after those 2 left in such a sad and bitter way.

I'm happy to see that they're moving on and quite excited for this 4th, and Hayley described it at the end as the "most positive and most intoxicatingly fun Paramore album we have ever written". That's interesting.
09:22 AM on 07/05/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Pretty cool to see Ilan being the man behind the kit. I feel like he can give the new songs more personality than those bland EP songs.

And as much I don't care for Hayley, "Let The Flames Begin" is a killer song.
10:22 AM on 07/05/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Never been a big fan of this band, but they have a few songs that I really enjoy. That being said, I saw them open up a set with Let The Flames Begin at Bamboozle in 2008, and it was incredible. One of the best live performances I've seen (that song, anyway). I've tried to go back and listen to it on their record, but it'll never give me that same feeling, so I know exactly what Hayley means here.
10:24 AM on 07/05/12
megnla
My brain is 70% music lyrics
User Info.
"Seeing as even a good 6 years later I still feel all these things about life and being human, it probably should’ve been obvious that we’d write another song with a similar message for the new album"

She is saying there will be a song with a similar message on the new album. I don't think they are going to re-record it.
10:57 AM on 07/05/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
No, just a new song with a similar meaning.

Which I'm excited for. Let the Flames Begin is one of my favorites.
11:03 AM on 07/05/12
isntnikione
I've never heard of you either!
User Info.
If only the lyrics to her songs were half as good as the way she wrote this blog...
11:26 AM on 07/05/12
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
So, there will be a remake of this song?, and or a remix version?
11:28 AM on 07/05/12
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
So, there will be a remake of this song?, and or a remix version?
can you not read?

"Seeing as even a good 6 years later I still feel all these things about life and being human, it probably should’ve been obvious that we’d write another song with a similar message for the new album"
11:44 AM on 07/05/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
Love Paramore, and this is their best song.
01:39 PM on 07/05/12
AussieBoy
User Info.

I was waiting for her to say it and say it that they would be re recording. But it never came
I still think you're on the money though
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums