Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 70 of 70
03:24 PM on 07/06/12
Jared Luttrell
VA punk pop.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This^. Hate to be that guy, but everything else theyve done is mundane.
This. Sleepwalker was good too, but this was the pinnacle. I can't believe they play this generic Risecore shit now. Insert Breakdown here, repeat 12 times.
04:30 PM on 07/06/12
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
This. Sleepwalker was good too, but this was the pinnacle. I can't believe they play this generic Risecore shit now. Insert Breakdown here, repeat 12 times.
rise records actually has a pretty diverse lineup of artists now. and the same you said about metalcore can be said of any genre. for example pop punk would be intro riff + verse + bridge + catchy chorus + verse + bridge with minor change + chorus + ending bridge + chorus, song finished. current rap would be: instrumental or acapella intro + verse + chorus feat. someone + verse of someone else + chorus feat someone + verse combination of 1-2 people + chorus , song finished. bro-dubstep would be: female singer intro + brief calm + bass drop wubs + insert female singer again + mixture of calm and wubs + calm female singer outro.

everyone holds on to certain music types and sees other genres as "all sounding the same", its just a matter of perspective.
04:54 PM on 07/06/12
pepster50
User Info.
rise records actually has a pretty diverse lineup of artists now. and the same you said about metalcore can be said of any genre. for example pop punk would be intro riff + verse + bridge + catchy chorus + verse + bridge with minor change + chorus + ending bridge + chorus, song finished. current rap would be: instrumental or acapella intro + verse + chorus feat. someone + verse of someone else + chorus feat someone + verse combination of 1-2 people + chorus , song finished. bro-dubstep would be: female singer intro + brief calm + bass drop wubs + insert female singer again + mixture of calm and wubs + calm female singer outro.

everyone holds on to certain music types and sees other genres as "all sounding the same", its just a matter of perspective.

You are very correct in that there is a certain general musical structure in different genres. You pretty much undermine your argument because the reason we all love the earlier MMF is because they did NOT adhere to this strict structure. Some songs on Sleepwalking had no chorus's and only one or two recurring riffs.

You are also correct in that in the end this comes down to taste, but you cannot deny that the breakdowns in the past two albums(chiefly Challenger) are very similar. To me it seems like pure lazyness, like they didnt know what to put in between sick guitar riff and catchy chorus, so its just "HEY LETS PUT IN GENERIC ONE NOTE BREAKDOWN , and try to make it sound a little different than all the rest of these parts on the album." These last two albums lack the diversity and flair of their older material. Alas again I say: it all comes down to taste.
11:36 PM on 07/06/12
Max Stern
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
i don't like anything they've put out in quite a while, but good for them, they were really nice dudes when i met them years ago (not sure if any of those guys are even still in the band)
08:12 PM on 07/07/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.

Yes, youve just outlined why some types of pop-punk, dubstep, rap, metalcore have lots of critics. Because they tend to more and more lack a certain fundamental forward thinking rationale.

Now as for youre main point...Come on dude, abusing an open palm muting technique 3 times a song is on a bit more of a ridiculous level than having a traditional song structure. Still better than most rap I suppose..barely
02:37 PM on 07/08/12
Dannnnny
huh?
User Info.
nobody buys CDs .... its all digital baby
12:35 AM on 07/10/12
AlexHuffman
User Info.
Stoked for these dudes. Hard work pays off when you're persistent.
12:38 AM on 07/10/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
i don't like anything they've put out in quite a while, but good for them, they were really nice dudes when i met them years ago (not sure if any of those guys are even still in the band)
Most of em are probably gone.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version