AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Two Members Leave CYHSY

Posted by - 10:12 AM on 07/06/12
Two original members of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah are leaving the band. You can read Robbie and Tyler's statements respectively in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
10:12 AM on 07/06/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
From RobbieDear Clap Your Hands Say Yeah fans and friends,

I’m writing to let you know that our upcoming New York show will be my last with the band. Being a member of Clap has been an incredible experience, but I have decided to move on and see what’s next. I will continue to make music with my other band, Radical Dads, pursue miscellaneous artistic endeavors, and also grow some vegetables. I am excited to see what else might come my way. Maybe some tomatoes?

I feel so fortunate to have been a part of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and wish them all the best as they continue on without me. Thank you to everyone who listened and came to shows and supported us — you are truly the coolest!

If you want to say hi/bye, or let me know about any get-rich-quick schemes and/or legitimate employment opportunities, please write to robbie.guertin@clapyourhandssayyeah .com

Thanks again for an amazing bunch of years! If you’re in town on Saturday, come out to the (free) show!

xo
~robbie

From TylerHey everyone,

Just writing to let you know that Saturday’s show is going to be my last one with Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.

I am very proud of what this band has accomplished over the past eight years, and I will miss playing with such talented musicians. I wish Alec, Sean and Lee the best of luck with whatever CYHSY does in the future. I wish Robbie the best of luck with his musical and horticultural endeavors. As for me, I am currently in the process of forming a presidential exploratory committee for 2016.

I hope to see you on Saturday. Expect an epic bass solo.

Tyler
10:20 AM on 07/06/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Dang, hope the band still continues. Their last album was awesome.
10:40 AM on 07/06/12
davidarechiga
davidarechiga
User Info.
Loved Hysterical!
10:46 AM on 07/06/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
yeah, this was expected. the magic is gone.
11:11 AM on 07/06/12
leftapart
User Info.
Checking these guys out for the first time right now.. pretty bad ass. Wish I'd heard of them sooner!
12:03 PM on 07/06/12
MikeBass
User Info.
I saw them open for Two Door Cinema Club a month ago...I will say that because it was my first time seeing them live, I enjoyed the show...Tyler definitely didn't look like he cared to be on stage. Robbie on the other hand was really into it.
01:01 PM on 07/06/12
CoheedForever
The Afterman
User Info.
Shit...
02:58 PM on 07/06/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
There is no "and" in the band's name.
07:18 PM on 07/06/12
dlaug
good morning, vietnam
User Info.
whoa, didn't know he was in Radical Dads!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos