Password

Album Review - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 365.
01:22 PM on 07/09/12
Clown_Baby
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ehh this band is great, but 100%? lol
My same feelings. Love this band but a 10? I feel like this website is completely biased because it's gaslight. Totally going to get shit for this
01:43 PM on 07/09/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I ignored the score really. My take was just that it's too hyperbolic in the last 2 paragraphs like Chris said. It threw me off more than it excited me.
01:43 PM on 07/09/12
IceAge/HeatWave
it's never just the hefenrefer
User Info.
so i see no one else has checked out the leak yet, huh?
01:44 PM on 07/09/12
J.Dick
User Info.
I didn't say better, cause they aren't always better. Some people would enjoy more objective reviews other wouldn't.

An actually objective review would have to take personal opinions of what you liked and didn't like out of the equation and only talk about what was on the album. its something I've been thinking about a lot because I've grown to hate album reviews that focus on little things to hate or use a bunch of flowery bullshit adjectives to make things sound great and vague.

A 100% score is a little silly to me but I can't really understand how you review something without it being subjected to your experiences and biases (not using bias in a negative way). There is really no way to review a piece of creative work and be completely objective. What are the criteria? I personally like when reviewers can filter what they have seen, read, listened to and can give some indication of what was on the screen/page/record and just as importantly, how it made them feel and what their reaction was (bullshit adjectives and all).
01:46 PM on 07/09/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Gonna write a review of an album I consider a 10 tonight for the hell of it.
01:46 PM on 07/09/12
J.Dick
User Info.
I like the Gaslight Anthem OK but I feel like all their records are front loaded and by the time I get about 2/3s into them I just turn them off.
01:49 PM on 07/09/12
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
cant wait.
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
I like the Gaslight Anthem OK but I feel like all their records are front loaded and by the time I get about 2/3s into them I just turn them off.
I don't think they're front loaded but I do the same thing because in some songs it's like they're reinventing something from a previous song. Exceptions being the last 2 songs of The '59 Sound.
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Gonna write a review of an album I consider a 10 tonight for the hell of it.

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

10 in my book
01:52 PM on 07/09/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

10 in my book

You probably already know what I'm reviewing.
01:54 PM on 07/09/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
You probably already know what I'm reviewing.

Camp by Donnie Don Donald
01:55 PM on 07/09/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Camp by Donnie Don Donald

I said 10, not 10000000.

Haha I actually did a Royalty review this morning.
01:55 PM on 07/09/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
A 100% score is a little silly to me but I can't really understand how you review something without it being subjected to your experiences and biases (not using bias in a negative way). There is really no way to review a piece of creative work and be completely objective. What are the criteria? I personally like when reviewers can filter what they have seen, read, listened to and can give some indication of what was on the screen/page/record and just as importantly, how it made them feel and what their reaction was (bullshit adjectives and all).
It wouldn't have criteria, it would be a like a list of what's on the album. How many ballads, how many heavier songs, how many mid tempo ones? How many songs are on the same vibe, what does that vibe sound like? Is it like fully cohesive or do they try a bunch of different sounds? Are the lyrics like telling a story or about a bunch of different themes? What is on this record and not how you feel about it, meaning it would have no score. This shit is all theoretical.
01:56 PM on 07/09/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I said 10, not 10000000.

Haha I actually did a Royalty review this morning.

Ahh yes
01:59 PM on 07/09/12
sakattack123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The last 100% from a staff member (that I know of at least) was bon iver last year, and that didn't let down. I have no problem with the 10/10 here. Can't wait for this.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests