Username
Password

08:48 PM on 08/13/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
I got them from the National Archives in DC!

Do they ship them?!
08:51 PM on 08/13/12 
User Info.
Keri
http://estore.archives.gov/
08:53 PM on 08/13/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female

12:33 PM on 08/17/12 
User Info.
ohhiiyvonne
Sic Transit Gloria.
Los Angeles, CA
Female - 26 Years Old
Yay a history thread! I have a history degree and it is one of my biggest passions; more specifically US and European.
01:48 PM on 08/19/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
Yay a history thread! I have a history degree and it is one of my biggest passions; more specifically US and European.

Hey me too! :D Well I'm in the process of the degree, and I love US and Euro the most!!
10:27 AM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
BUMP omg don't let this die
07:46 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
Southern California
Male - 24 Years Old
BUMP omg don't let this die

Challenge accepted! ;)
05:51 PM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
dearmsterri
Philadelphia
Male - 24 Years Old
Anyone teach History or Social Studies?
06:53 PM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
trindaddy
Trinconceivable
Newark, OH
Male
I received my history degree about a year ago. My focus was in U.S. history, officially, but I took as many European and non-western history classes as well. I could talk about Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, and the Civil War for hours and hours. All are absolutely fascinating to me.
07:25 AM on 08/27/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
I received my history degree about a year ago. My focus was in U.S. history, officially, but I took as many European and non-western history classes as well. I could talk about Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, and the Civil War for hours and hours. All are absolutely fascinating to me.

Nazi Germany and civil War. Let's go.

For real. You're talking to the girl who read Gone with the Wind in 5 days at the age of 12, and then spend the next 5 weeks researching its plot holes and historical accuracies/inaccuracies.
Leggo.
11:45 AM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
trindaddy
Trinconceivable
Newark, OH
Male
Nazi Germany and civil War. Let's go.

For real. You're talking to the girl who read Gone with the Wind in 5 days at the age of 12, and then spend the next 5 weeks researching its plot holes and historical accuracies/inaccuracies.
Leggo.

I wrote a 22 page paper on African American troops during the Civil War backed by primary resources. It was intense. I also took a class about the social ramifications of the Civil War, and a class on the military tactics of the war before doing so as a senior thesis for my history degree. People underestimate how brutal the war was, especially battles such as Antietam, Spotsylvania Court House, and Chickamuaga, and African Americans were generally thrust right into the front lines and were specifically targeted in many of the battles they fought in.

I did most of my Nazi Germany learning under Norma Goda. He teaches at Florida now, but he's one of the foremost intelligent men on this planet on the subject. His class was mind blowing and his knowledge on the subjects surrounding the events of WW2 make me envious. 10 weeks isn't enough to tap his brain, that's for sure.
05:30 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
I wrote a 22 page paper on African American troops during the Civil War backed by primary resources. It was intense. I also took a class about the social ramifications of the Civil War, and a class on the military tactics of the war before doing so as a senior thesis for my history degree. People underestimate how brutal the war was, especially battles such as Antietam, Spotsylvania Court House, and Chickamuaga, and African Americans were generally thrust right into the front lines and were specifically targeted in many of the battles they fought in.

I did most of my Nazi Germany learning under Norma Goda. He teaches at Florida now, but he's one of the foremost intelligent men on this planet on the subject. His class was mind blowing and his knowledge on the subjects surrounding the events of WW2 make me envious. 10 weeks isn't enough to tap his brain, that's for sure.

Woah seriously, I'd love to sit and chat with you about your topic of research for hours. That sounds awesome. and very interesting. I get shivers just thinking about the time I visited Gettysburg. I've never even thought of racial ramifications within the armies (save the movie Glory)

You say he teaches at Florida?
I can take his class next semester if I want. I go to UF.
05:31 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
We had a Holocaust conference here at UF last semester and I'm pretty sure he was on a panel.
07:05 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
trindaddy
Trinconceivable
Newark, OH
Male
Woah seriously, I'd love to sit and chat with you about your topic of research for hours. That sounds awesome. and very interesting. I get shivers just thinking about the time I visited Gettysburg. I've never even thought of racial ramifications within the armies (save the movie Glory)

You say he teaches at Florida?
I can take his class next semester if I want. I go to UF.

I would recommend it. He served as an consultant to congress on the declassification of Nazi war crimes and he's wrote numerous books. If you have a free elective or if it fits in your schedule/curriculum I'd say take it. I imagine it's the same form as our class and it's a basic lecture/essay exam/5 page paper class.

If I can find where I stashed my paper I can pull up some interesting articles and books to read on the subject. Should be in an email or on one of the zip drives I had for school.
07:07 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
trindaddy
Trinconceivable
Newark, OH
Male
http://www.archives.gov/iwg/reports/hitlers-shadow.pdf

Here's a pdf of one of Goda's books. It's a short read.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets