AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:40 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
This is interesting. What happened to your eugenics thread? I went looking for it, but couldn't find it. I never did post anything like I said I would. It's such a taboo subject, I was nervous about what to say.
totally forgot about that thread, I might resurrect it, I just wrapped up a book detailing racism (specifically anti-black and anti-Semitic) in europe after 1870.

Middle-Eastern dynasties are fascinating, especially during the Islamic Golden Age. The amount of growth during that period is so great to learn about.
I hate that I haven't read or learned anything beyond what I did in AP World History. It's fascinating stuff, particularly the accomplishments of Suleiman and Salahadin during the Crusades.

I am a fan of american revelution history. I took before 1865 and it was a phenominal course
I wish we learned more about the Articles of Confederation back in the day. Such an interesting topic. I also love using some examples from that era to show how presidents will do what it takes for the "good" of the nation, even if it means turning their backs to their party and constituency. I'm thinking of Jefferson and the Louisiana Purchase and Washington's role in the Whiskey Rebellion.
11:47 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
magicrat85
ThankYou, but, I know I am right
sunshine state
Male - 28 Years Old
I had a teacher obsessed with the revelution. Very informative
11:57 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
Oh, I love the American Revolution.

I should have specified before, I'm very intrigued by revolutions.

The American, Haitian, French (my favourite), and both Russian revs.
04:53 PM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
Seattle
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah, my area of expertise is colonial and Puritan America, but I've dabbled in Modern Britain, the Far East, and Military History.

It sounds bizarre, but my two specific areas of interests are the American office of President (so many of them were so interesting) and oddly enough anything that has to do with Nazi Germany and the Third Reich.
04:55 PM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
Seattle
Male - 26 Years Old
totally forgot about that thread, I might resurrect it, I just wrapped up a book detailing racism (specifically anti-black and anti-Semitic) in europe after 1870.

I hate that I haven't read or learned anything beyond what I did in AP World History. It's fascinating stuff, particularly the accomplishments of Suleiman and Salahadin during the Crusades.

I wish we learned more about the Articles of Confederation back in the day. Such an interesting topic. I also love using some examples from that era to show how presidents will do what it takes for the "good" of the nation, even if it means turning their backs to their party and constituency. I'm thinking of Jefferson and the Louisiana Purchase and Washington's role in the Whiskey Rebellion.

So awesome! I loved learning about the Whiskey Rebellion. And yeah, not a lot of people know about the Arts of Fed although it was one of our first shots at a government, despite being woefully weak.
05:27 PM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
So awesome! I loved learning about the Whiskey Rebellion. And yeah, not a lot of people know about the Arts of Fed although it was one of our first shots at a government, despite being woefully weak.

What's better than history?
Government AND history!!
03:51 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
punkislife92
Check out my band MOUTH FULL
rochester ny
Male - 29 Years Old
cool
04:18 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Keri
I like the American Revolution, specifically how the Enlightenment influenced it.

Do any of you listen to the Thomas Jefferson hour? It's a great podcast
05:20 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
I like the American Revolution, specifically how the Enlightenment influenced it.

Do any of you listen to the Thomas Jefferson hour? It's a great podcast

I love The American Revolution. I also love studying causes/influences of revs, so that's pretty cool.
and no, but I'm interested!
05:35 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Keri
It's a weekly show on NPR, 1:00 EST. A Thomas Jefferson scholar named Clay Jenkinson portrays Jefferson and speaks as if he were alive today. They talk about history and current events, pretty much anything and everything about how Jefferson would think. You can download all the episodes on iTunes for free. It's seriously so good.
07:11 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
It's a weekly show on NPR, 1:00 EST. A Thomas Jefferson scholar named Clay Jenkinson portrays Jefferson and speaks as if he were alive today. They talk about history and current events, pretty much anything and everything about how Jefferson would think. You can download all the episodes on iTunes for free. It's seriously so good.

That is so freaking awesome!!
How do you feel about Sally Hemmings? It's so intriguing
07:20 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
ChaseTx
Love Texas history. What up?
07:36 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
Seattle
Male - 26 Years Old
Holy cow, that podcast sounds awesome. Jefferson was a straight up GENIUS.

Texas History? I took a course called Survey of the American West, good stuff.

Not gonna lie, I laughed when I saw the Alamo..
07:40 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
ChaseTx

As in the landmark? Or the movie from like 2006

Texas is probably a small portion of the "American West" course. There's a lot of history that would be skipped over.
07:47 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Keri
That is so freaking awesome!!
How do you feel about Sally Hemmings? It's so intriguing
I'm pretty neutral about her. It's not a part of his life I've paid much attention to. I know some people think there was a relationship and others think it was a relative of Jefferson's with whom she had children. What do you think?

You should check out the podcast too!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version