Brussels, BE
Female
I wish there were a history nerd forum website. Like apnet but history
08:05 AM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 28 Years Old
Yes! European history is my favorite. Though I also have a soft spot for the Egyptians.

I love the evolution of society, but the evolution of warfare might be my favorite part of history - from simple tools to words, from armies to germs...the way that conflict arises and settles is incredibly fascinating.
saw this book at barnes and noble last night http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-En...ough+histor y

it's cheesy but absolutely awesome at the same time. Love deadliest warrior on Spike as well. Have you read Guns, Germs, and Steel?
09:03 AM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
saw this book at barnes and noble last night http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-En...ough+histor y

it's cheesy but absolutely awesome at the same time. Love deadliest warrior on Spike as well. Have you read Guns, Germs, and Steel?

Yeah I have actually, I had to read a bit of it for one of my courses. I didn't finish it though, I should probably get on that.
09:09 AM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ChaseTx
I love Deadliest Warrior. I'd buy that on DVD
09:34 AM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 28 Years Old
Yeah I have actually, I had to read a bit of it for one of my courses. I didn't finish it though, I should probably get on that.
Fantastic read, a little tough to get through because the author wants to make it sound appealing so he goes through all these stories to get his point across. It's definitely worth it, the part about colonization of Africa was really interesting.
I love Deadliest Warrior. I'd buy that on DVD
worth it, the historical perspectives given are amazing. They go into the technicalities of why weapons were designed as such.
11:11 AM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
dearmsterri
Philadelphia
Male - 25 Years Old
History lover checking in. Studying to become a teacher now.
11:15 AM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
dearmsterri
Philadelphia
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm pretty neutral about her. It's not a part of his life I've paid much attention to. I know some people think there was a relationship and others think it was a relative of Jefferson's with whom she had children. What do you think?

I think I read in Kenneth C. Davis saying how there's little to no evidence supporting it was Jefferson's child. However, I could be wrong, I am going to reread it and I'll get back to you.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who likes to read about Revolutions. Both the American and Russian's are great.
11:59 AM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Mouthpiece for the Mental
Seattle
Male - 26 Years Old
I love how much this thread has taken off after it was originally two people going back and forth haha.

Ok so here's a question...what is your favorite biography you've read of a historical figure? Mine would have to be Stephen Tomkins' "William Wilberforce: A Biography." I loved learning about him and it was a great and easy read.
12:58 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ChaseTx
The only actual biography I've read was about Clint Eastwood, so I guess that doesn't count.

I read a historical fiction novel called The Gates of the Alamo by Stephen Harrigan, which I thoroughly enjoyed. But of course it fiction, so some of characterizations of real figures were speculative.
04:48 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
KingsCrossing
What are you waiting for?
Queens, NY
Male
Currently reading War and Remembrance by Herman Wouk.

Love it so far. Anybody who's into WW2 historical fiction should definitely check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0316954993/absolutepunk-20/
05:50 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
Southern California
Male - 25 Years Old
I double majored in History and Literature in college. Right now, I work for a tutoring company right now, and I get to teach English and History every day (albeit a lot more English than History). I've always had a tremendously strong passion for teaching, and I love History. Getting to teach it (every now and then) for a living is awesome, and it makes me want to work even harder toward becoming a (real) history teacher.
07:15 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
We should do something where we start picking a period in history, researching cool/interesting stuff about it, then discussing it here. Would anyone be down for that?
07:20 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
We should do something where we start picking a period in history, researching cool/interesting stuff about it, then discussing it here. Would anyone be down for that?

Oh god yes.
Can I just breed with you all and make more history nerds?
08:07 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
ChaseTx
Breed? Yes! I mean, for science... history...
08:43 PM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
Breed? Yes! I mean, for science... history...

viva historia!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version