Username
Password
Hip-Hop News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 87.
07:04 AM on 07/12/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
They must be sick of these digital releases first. It doesn't matter if they've done it in the past, but if they don't do it in the future I'll think they have other reasons.
07:12 AM on 07/12/12
Davey_Owens
User Info.
I fucking love Target
07:13 AM on 07/12/12
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
Why's that?
07:25 AM on 07/12/12
tbsxblink
User Info.
Christian and Kelly Clancy. They manage pretty much all of the OF members/projects. I'm not sure if they manage Earl or not though
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Obviously the dude was wrong - he said that - but Target's political stances are not just black and white. They were a big supporter of Pride this year and they take part in a lot of pride and LGBTA events. But yeah, they also donate to conservative parties too. A little bit strange but whatever - they aren't anti-gay, that's for sure.
seventwenty3
User Info.
I'm pretty sure it's because Target more than likely planned a fair shot at selling cd's to match the digital but he released it early and out of nowhere. It has to cut hugely into their profits. I know my Target carries huge amounts of popular rap/r&b/pop artists and usually has a special Target edition. They're usually mostly gone within the first two weeks.

They released it digitally first, but that decision came out of nowhere. If it was planned I'm sure Target wouldn't have done this.
07:29 AM on 07/12/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Christian and Kelly Clancy. They manage pretty much all of the OF members/projects. I'm not sure if they manage Earl or not though

Thanks homie
07:31 AM on 07/12/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
this will certainly only hurt target. album is one of the best i've heard in a long time.
07:37 AM on 07/12/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Yeah. Target is certainly not an evil corporation.
08:16 AM on 07/12/12
_veges_
User Info.
This is stupid but I have a hard time believing it's based solely off his coming out
08:18 AM on 07/12/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Fuck Target, I haven't been there in years. Plus, people still buy CDs?

I know! People like physical copies of things!? Lolololol

Did they do that with Watch The Throne?

I think they went along with it. But mainly because Def Jam stated they'd release it digitally first, where this was straight out of nowhere.
08:19 AM on 07/12/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This is stupid but I have a hard time believing it's based solely off his coming out

Only Wal-Mart would do that. Target is based in the Twin Cities, which has one of the biggest LGBT communities. It's certainly not for that reason. It's just about the dolla.
08:23 AM on 07/12/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I know! People like physical copies of things!? Lolololol

I think they went along with it. But mainly because Def Jam stated they'd release it digitally first, where this was straight out of nowhere.
That makes a lot of sense. It's hard to prepare for an album release and then be surprised by it dropping digitally so much sooner.
08:35 AM on 07/12/12
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
Ignorant. Very ignorant Target.

And who is Clancy?
08:36 AM on 07/12/12
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
It's not like they wouldn't be able to sell the album. Physical releases >>>>>>>>> digital, and plenty of people think so. I'm not gonna pay $10 for a file.

Hopefully what popdisaster said is true, Target kicks ass in terms of environment, product range, and pricing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS