AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Divide By Zero - 10.31.03

Interviewed by
Divide By Zero is an awesome band from Chicago, IL and is ready to rock the world, everyone should check them out, and buy their EP Mirrors. I did an interview with John, so check it out here.

www.dividebyzero.com

1. What is the concept behind your latest EP "Mirrors"?

John: We were tossing around the idea of "Smoke And Mirrors" as the title for the ep, but eventually we realized that the songs on there were more of a reflection of what had been going on while we were making it so we decided "Mirrors" was a more appropriate title. We all think it's a perfect fit.

2. What are your lyrics inspired by?

John: Most of the songs deal with friends, family, and where we are at. There's also plenty of failed relationships on Mirrors but I think every song is a positive one.

3. Is it hard to be a band in the Chicago scene, since there are so many bands, or is like a big family?

John: It's kind of hard to be a band and have your own sound because there are so many other bands out there, but at the same time it's definitely a family vibe. Especially now that a lot of bands from Chicago are blowing up. We're all just proud to see our friends out there representing.

4. What bands have inspired your sound?

John: Pretty much every band we know and have ever heard inspire us. Hot Water Music is definitely a big influence. I was listening to H.I.M. and Guns N' Roses a lot when we wrote Mirrors so that weighed in. I think the bands that really inspire us the most are the ones that are/were constantly out there trying to improve while staying true to themselves. We all have tremendous respect for bands like HWM, At the Drive-In, Atmosphere...and also Soundgarden is just genius.

5. What are your plans for the future, touring? full length?

John: All of the above. Right now we're demoing for a full length and trying to figure out where and when we can record it. We're shooting for December and hopefully we can have it out in the Spring. Divide By Zero plans to be on tour full time by September.

6. What bands would you like to tour with?

John: There's so many bands that we'd love to tour with. The Snake The Cross The Crown, After The Fall, Spitalfield and Preacher Gone To Texas are some of our tightest friends so we'd love to get to tour together.

7. What records are you currently listening to?

John: Right now I've been listening to "Galore" by The Cure for about a week straight. The new Perfect Circle, H.I.M., and Thrice albums are good as hell too. There are so many good albums that just came out, it's hard to find time for them all.

8. What are your favorite movies?

John: The Big Lebowski is the greatest.

9. What's your favorite curse word?

John: Motherfucker!

10. What turns you on?

John: Dark hair and the ability to crack jokes like motherfucker. And girls that are into Family Guy.

11. What turns you off?

John: Serious blondes that aren't into Family Guy.

12. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

John: "Get up in here, John!" I'm sure it'll go something like that.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests