Username
Password
Manchester Orchestra News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Manchester Orchestra
Inside AP.net

Right Away, Great Captain! B-sides Collection

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (07/12/12)
Right Away, Great Captain! posted a collection of B-sides, outtakes and rarities entitled The Lost Sea on bandcamp.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
04:31 PM on 07/12/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Collection is pretty great for being b-sides. I really like the art
07:04 PM on 07/12/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
As solid as always.
07:27 PM on 07/12/12
ncarrab
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone know if this will be available in iTunes soon? I'm pretty sure he released The Church of the Good Thief a week or so before it was on iTunes.
07:44 PM on 07/12/12
sdisticsquirrel
the prophet
User Info.
I'm a slave to anything Andy touches.
08:20 PM on 07/12/12
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
User Info.
Just saw him in Chicago. So. Fucking. Good.
08:21 PM on 07/12/12
ITS A TRAP!
ITS PERFECTLY SAFE!
User Info.
what is a "HOT ONE" just wondering?

i always imagined "i can feel a hot one" was secretly about andy's bowel movements (the title would seem to suggest so)

and now we have "youre alright, hot one"
so what? has andy come to terms with his Butt Nector or am i just reading this whole thing wrong ?
10:04 PM on 07/12/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.

i always imagined "i can feel a hot one" was secretly about andy's bowel movements (the title would seem to suggest so)

so what? has andy come to terms with his Butt Nector or am i just reading this whole thing wrong ?
lol. that's Manchester Orchestra, but you can rest assured that Mr. Hull is much deeper than bowel movements. "A hot one" refers to an unusually hot day.
10:41 PM on 07/12/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

lol. that's Manchester Orchestra, but you can rest assured that Mr. Hull is much deeper than bowel movements. "A hot one" refers to an unusually hot day.
You sure it's about a hot day? The song is about dreaming of a car wreck while being on the road and missing home. I always thought "hot one" referred to the car crash.

Also, not to give too much away (which is exactly what I am doing), but the "hot one" referenced here is the same "hot one" referenced in I Can Feel A Hot One.
11:03 PM on 07/12/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
You sure it's about a hot day? The song is about dreaming of a car wreck while being on the road and missing home. I always thought "hot one" referred to the car crash.

Also, not to give too much away (which is exactly what I am doing), but the "hot one" referenced here is the same "hot one" referenced in I Can Feel A Hot One.
it might be about a hot day. they were touring in the summertime when he wrote it. but that's not what i was saying. i was saying that "a hot one" refers to a hot day. that doesn't mean it's being used literally. he's talking about something that is so intense that it's wearing him down physically. just imagine how stressful being on a tour would be.

here's an interview he did about the song:
"I Can Feel a Hot One", which i wrote right after getting off tour last summer. I had a few days off so my wife and I went to the beach and hung out and I kind of decompressed these emotions that you build up on tour. Touring is something that is hard on any relationship I have. Whether its with God, my wife, my family, or the guys next to me...its just always moving, never steady. Point being, towards the end of this tour I had a moment of silence in the back of the van and I cried and cried. Sometimes your body just has to cry and cry I did. It was 3am, and I'm covering my head in the back of the van so I wouldn't make a scene and I listened to "It's Hard to Find a Friend" by Pedro the Lion, a record I've listened to a thousand times before and a thousand times after...but that night it meant something more. There's an amazing line on that record that says, 'i would like to be you just for a few habit forming years laziness cuts me like fine cutlery.' And I was in so many words, moved. The song (I can feel a hot one) talks about that night and a combination of a few other 'losing it' moments from tour. All in all, manna is an amazing concept. The story goes that God gave them more than enough food to survive, but He required faith. If the Moses led group took more food than they needed just for that day then the food would spoil...and they continued to take more than they needed. That's kind of the perfect example of the way I stumble through life- always wanting more, never being satisfied, but continually being blessed for something I don't deserve."

from the march/april issue of relevant magazine.

http://www.mygazines.com/issue/353/77
- Cherry, London, United Kingdom
05:54 AM on 07/13/12
singregardless
Jared Holley Trolley Engineer
User Info.
Just saw him in Chicago. So. Fucking. Good.
What type of merch did he have with him, if any?
06:19 AM on 07/13/12
Travis Parno
my sensible heart
User Info.
glad this was made available. bummed i missed it in the vinyl package
07:37 AM on 07/13/12
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
Excellent.
09:44 AM on 07/13/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it might be about a hot day. they were touring in the summertime when he wrote it. but that's not what i was saying. i was saying that "a hot one" refers to a hot day. that doesn't mean it's being used literally. he's talking about something that is so intense that it's wearing him down physically. just imagine how stressful being on a tour would be.

here's an interview he did about the song:
"I Can Feel a Hot One", which i wrote right after getting off tour last summer. I had a few days off so my wife and I went to the beach and hung out and I kind of decompressed these emotions that you build up on tour. Touring is something that is hard on any relationship I have. Whether its with God, my wife, my family, or the guys next to me...its just always moving, never steady. Point being, towards the end of this tour I had a moment of silence in the back of the van and I cried and cried. Sometimes your body just has to cry and cry I did. It was 3am, and I'm covering my head in the back of the van so I wouldn't make a scene and I listened to "It's Hard to Find a Friend" by Pedro the Lion, a record I've listened to a thousand times before and a thousand times after...but that night it meant something more. There's an amazing line on that record that says, 'i would like to be you just for a few habit forming years laziness cuts me like fine cutlery.' And I was in so many words, moved. The song (I can feel a hot one) talks about that night and a combination of a few other 'losing it' moments from tour. All in all, manna is an amazing concept. The story goes that God gave them more than enough food to survive, but He required faith. If the Moses led group took more food than they needed just for that day then the food would spoil...and they continued to take more than they needed. That's kind of the perfect example of the way I stumble through life- always wanting more, never being satisfied, but continually being blessed for something I don't deserve."

from the march/april issue of relevant magazine.

http://www.mygazines.com/issue/353/77
- Cherry, London, United Kingdom
You're kind of right. I just read the original interview I was trying to remember, and he explains that the "hot one" is a panic attack. It was from FarBeyond Footnotes...it was like a history of MO that came out after Simple Math. I can't find it on the original website, but the part I'm referring to is posted at the bottom of this page:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/andy-hu...ore=1304465737
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News