AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Riot Fest East Postponed

Posted by - 08:22 AM on 07/13/12
Riot Fest East, scheduled for next week in Philadelphia, has been postponed.
StatementRiot Fest East 2012, scheduled for Thursday, July 19 at Festival Pier in Philadelphia, PA has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. Refunds will be available at point of purchase. We are truly sorry for those of you who were planning on coming out. This one hurts, but, a rescheduled show is in the works. More information about the new date will be made available soon.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
08:24 AM on 07/13/12
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
Probably because it hasn't been promoted really at all. I would imagine that the presales were too low to afford the event cost. Lineup was so bad ass too.
08:33 AM on 07/13/12
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
On a good note for people, The Promise Ring is now playing the First Unitarian Church.
08:36 AM on 07/13/12
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
Probably because it hasn't been promoted really at all. I would imagine that the presales were too low to afford the event cost. Lineup was so bad ass too.
And Warped is the next day, no one wants to die from heat exhaustion two days in a row.
08:37 AM on 07/13/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
As long as they don't cancel or move the Chicago date I'll be ok.
08:42 AM on 07/13/12
thethirddegree1
a sheep in wolf's clothing.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah, not shocked at all. literally have heard NOTHING about this besides on here.
08:47 AM on 07/13/12
cubswin182
User Info.
Thats weird that it is not promoted well there. In Chicago there are flyers and posters everywhere. They even had a huge tent at Warped. This event may just work better running like Lollapolooza where its just in Chicago.
08:54 AM on 07/13/12
thethirddegree1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thats weird that it is not promoted well there. In Chicago there are flyers and posters everywhere. They even had a huge tent at Warped. This event may just work better running like Lollapolooza where its just in Chicago.

i remember seeing a flyer at the GK tour back in april and havent heard a thing outside of AP since. I dont know why it wasnt hyped up more.. its not as good of a lineup as Chicago's. but its not AWFUL. I think Philly's too busy being all stoked about that Jay-Z concert festival thing.
09:17 AM on 07/13/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Most of the bands involved plan to play shows in Philadelphia that day to make it up, apparently.
09:26 AM on 07/13/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Good luck on rescheduling a whole festival!
09:35 AM on 07/13/12
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
Such a bummer, had a ticket too. Nothing like getting all pumped on seeing Refused & The Promise Ring and then being let down.
10:06 AM on 07/13/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really bummed about this. I had won free tickets, I wonder if those will still apply when it's rescheduled.
10:14 AM on 07/13/12
thethirddegree1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
On a good note for people, The Promise Ring is now playing the First Unitarian Church.

aaaaaaaaand tickets sold out in 15 minutes.
10:21 AM on 07/13/12
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
aaaaaaaaand tickets sold out in 15 minutes.
Not quite. I just had two in my cart. They're in the process of going in and out of carts right now. Sure it'll be sold out soon.
10:32 AM on 07/13/12
thethirddegree1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not quite. I just had two in my cart. They're in the process of going in and out of carts right now. Sure it'll be sold out soon.

well yeah, if you didnt already have em in your cart, consider them sold out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos