Username
Password

Album Review
Boys Like Girls - Crazy World EP Album Cover

Boys Like Girls - Crazy World EP

Reviewed by
Boys Like Girls - Crazy World EP
Record Label: Columbia Records
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Release Date: July 17th, 2012

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 45
06:53 AM on 07/17/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
So a freaking catchy EP
07:22 AM on 07/17/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
Dude's got a great voice and an awesome range. I won't expect too much from the new record, but i wish them luck if they wan't massive radio airplay (and with songs like "Be Your Everything" it's just a matter of time)
07:48 AM on 07/17/12
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
I'm curious to see what may come out of this. I really liked Love Drunk, maybe even more than the self-titled, but just because it was catchy as herpes.
08:05 AM on 07/17/12
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Love Drunk was horrible except for three or four songs, this EP is a step up. Honestly, I thought they would once again go ahead with that shitty disney-pop sound, but after giving this one listen, I can say I was wrong. If it's like the EP, Crazy World might very well be their comeback album.

I just wish the lyrics were not so goddamn awful. I know they have never been strong in that department, but they were way better in the self-titled. At least, I could relate to them...
08:11 AM on 07/17/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Love Drunk was horrible except for three or four songs, this EP is a step up. Honestly, I thought they would once again go ahead with that shitty disney-pop sound, but after giving this one listen, I can say I was wrong. If it's like the EP, Crazy World might very well be their comeback album.

I just wish the lyrics were not so goddamn awful. I know they have never been strong in that department, but they were way better in the self-titled. At least, I could relate to them...
How is this anything but a Disney-pop sound? Love Drunk at least had traces of rock.
08:32 AM on 07/17/12
Goat01
No Retreat, No Regrets.
User Info.
Their self-titled is still one of my favorite pop-punk albums, catchy as all hell.
Gonna give this a listen soon for sure
08:41 AM on 07/17/12
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
How is this anything but a Disney-pop sound? Love Drunk at least had traces of rock.
This sounds more mature. It's pop, yet it is Adult Top 40 radio kind of pop. They are heading in the direction of OneRepublic and The Fray. That's fine, in my opinion.

Love Drunk had traces of rock, I agree, but so what? At it's core it was pop music too. It was just more childish in a Busted or Jonas Brothers way.
09:03 AM on 07/17/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I loved their self-titled for its emo-pop songs, and Love Drunk was awesome pop-rock (the guitar work was pretty cool in it, plus they were some great songs).

The stand out track for me on the EP is First Time--I like the lyrics, the music, production. It all fits together seamlessly. Gotta agree, his voice has continually improved. It'll be interesting to see how this does compared to the other pop-rock adding country album out this year (A Rocket To The Moon).

Maybe both of them could open for Taylor Swift on her next tour. (I wish)
09:37 AM on 07/17/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've never seen/heard of a band specifically writing so hard to be more radio friendly until I heard this EP. They sold out SO hard. With that being said, the radio is going to eat the new album up if it's any bit like the EP. I guess that's what they want.
10:17 AM on 07/17/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Lyrics blow but vocals are good. Don't really expect to get back into this band with their new stuff but with them the best of luck.
10:20 AM on 07/17/12
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
For me, this band has always been a radio rock band, so props to them for finding a way to hopefully stay viable on the airwaves without ditching the instruments. Wonder what the original follow-up to Love Drunk sounded like.
10:43 AM on 07/17/12
Echelon2297
User Info.
i dont like it. none of their music compares to their first album
10:55 AM on 07/17/12
ship of fools
hello
User Info.
Be Your Everything reminds me of some Plain White T's song, post Hey There Delilah
12:36 PM on 07/17/12
1000Julys
User Info.
Hmm didn't care too much for their last album except for the singles. I'll give this a spin at work later, hoping its as good as y'all are saying.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos