Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 46
07:03 PM on 07/17/12
Penguin
Twenty Centuries Of Sleep
User Info.
I really love "King For A Day" as well as their other albums, so I'm excited to check this out!
07:27 PM on 07/17/12
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
Welp...I really like this album and loved SM.
07:47 PM on 07/17/12
(l,k)
hate on me then you hate success
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
after one listen i completely agree with this review. was very disappointed first time i heard king for a day
07:46 AM on 07/18/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
I absolutely love this record. As much, if not more than, Selfish Machines. The guitar work is better than ever, and of course, Vic sounds great. One of my favorite records of the year

“Bulls in the Bronx” is my favorite track
08:40 AM on 07/18/12
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
I use to hate this band for really no reason. Decided to check them out about a month ago and I do like them. His vocals are great and the music is damn good too. Wil listen to this. Good review!
03:07 PM on 07/18/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I love this album, it's way better than their first two releases.
05:37 PM on 07/18/12
Stormsubsides
User Info.
Huge fan of the album. Love everything about it and Hold on till May is my favorite song on the album honestly. The acoustic version is flawless.
12:33 PM on 07/20/12
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
i guess im the minority in that I didn't really enjoy SM and am absolutely loving this album !
Totally agree with you.
07:37 PM on 07/20/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
i guess im the minority in that I didn't really enjoy SM and am absolutely loving this album !
i think i'm gonna have to agree with you. i got in to the debut, never got in to SM, and really enjoying this one.
09:36 PM on 07/20/12
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Yeah, I don't think it holds up to Selfish Machines. Bestitos and The Boy Who Could Fly are still my favorite songs they've done.
08:54 AM on 07/21/12
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
Their best album, in my opinion.
05:47 PM on 07/21/12
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
User Info.
I loved Selfish Machines, and so far I'm loving this album. Hard to say if it will top it, but there are quite a few songs that have a nice vibe that we've never seen from this band.
10:13 PM on 07/21/12
clubbedsandwich
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Where is all this disappointment coming from? This album is fanfuckingtastic. I loved the first 2 cds also, but I think this is the best of all three as a whole. As far as Kellin's part in 'King for a Day'? Well, I fucking WISH Sleeping with Sirens sounded like Pierce the Veil with Kellin on vox. Definite album of the year contender for me.
10:52 PM on 07/21/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Don't agree with this review at all. Step up from Selfish Machines. And Kellin's guest spot is probably the best in a while. He actually guest's not just a line or two he's part of the song and their voices complement so well. Seeing it live proved it even more..

I agree with the score kind of but I still think this is their best yet.

EDIT: And I loved SM and FFTD. If anything it's about equal with SM.
01:42 AM on 07/22/12
redhaze
User Info.
I don't know what the deal is with some of the comments here. This album is easily, easily, EASILY, their best work yet. Best riffs by far, best singing, catchiest songs, and just flat out harder and more rocking than their previous two album. This album has more great songs than their first two albums combined in fact.

"Stained Glass Eyes and Colorful Tears" is possibly the best song they've ever written.

If it weren't for a few missteps like "I'm low on gas" and "Tangled in the Great Escape" this album would be nearly perfect (yeah I know people love that last one, but to me it just screws up the whole tempo of the cd having some jazzy little number thrown right in the middle). Minor hiccups aside, this album is a balls out rocker. I like it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos