AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Band Break-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Floral Terrace Breaks Up; Prepared To Make Announcements Tonight

Posted by - 04:22 PM on 07/17/12
Floral Terrace has broken up. The remaining members have formed Neighborhood Kids and will be on Stickam at 8 PM EST with some announcements on the members' future. A statement from the band is in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
04:22 PM on 07/17/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
StatementAfter months of struggling behind the scenes Floral Terrace has come to an end. Long story short is, we should've done this 3 years ago. Floral Terrace was started by me and my friend Chris in march of 2008. We had no band name, no style of music in mind, nothing more than sharing a few Heineken and jamming different ideas. George was hesitant about doing music full time or working/college. Before we knew it we were jamming for hours on end with our buddy Greg on drums and having a great time. John was juggling several different bands at the time and managing us. We had a few band name ideas and a few songs and started playing shows locally in NY. Chris wanted to tour and we were all itching to do it too. With John managing us he was able to hook us up with Russ at All About Records and we went on the Vans Warped Tour instead of a small start up tour. George and I were just kids, we had never done anything more than local shows, we didn't even have a solid band name at the time but we knew we wanted to get out there and get in to it. We weren't even sure if I was going to be the singer because prior to Floral Terrace Ive only done backup vocals and certain things like that. We tried out and talked to a bunch of people but we wound up picking the best two songs and I kept doing them over and over again till it sounded decent. We then sold those 2 songs to like 5,000 kids over the course of the summer. Then Greg decided he wanted to go full time at Rob Freemans studio down in Jersey, and John jumped on drums. We then rushed 2 more songs with Max from Washington Square Park and that wound up becoming 'Buildings Burn Up' and 'Hops Lane' . Then we rushed right onto tours and we rushed to buy the van and everything was super chaotic. Our first show was with Straylight Run, our first tour was with Set it Off. Then with the stress of everything happening at the time so hectically, we parted ways with Chris and from that point on, me, George and John have had more people in and out of FT than we can even count on two hands. We should've ended it right there. We didn't because of all you guys out there that have our music on your ipods, our lyrics tattooed, hangouts/parties and everything like that. John, George and I are not quitters and we didn't want to walk away then and were not walking away now. For the recent developments, this is Bills part of the story. Bills been with us since the beginning. In 2011 Bill became a permanent addition to Floral Terrace and things felt better immediately. We felt like a band again and we all knew the band we felt like wasn't Floral Terrace at all. It was something new and so far from the random project me and Chris jammed on in spring 2008. Recently the record label were signed to, Crushtone Music, officially merged with Tragic Hero/Warner and since we know were going to keep putting out records and in fact, with a bigger boat we felt the time for change is now. We also know that the music were writing is again, so far from the random project me and Chris made years ago. So here we are. No giving up, not quitting, not letting you guys down. We are not going to delete any social networks or do anything along those lines. Consider us a hermit crab that climbed out of one shell and popped in another. Our new band name is Neighborhood Kids and we are so happy with where we are at. Our record label is stronger than ever and behind us 110% plus George, John, Bill and myself are now all a part of something that is all of ours. So as the only original member left in Floral Terrace technically, I bid you farewell.

So many other thoughts keep racing through my head, there are hundreds of people I'd like to thank right now and I'm not going to do it because ill probably leave somebody out and I'd hate that SO: If you EVER bought our Cd or t-shirt thank you because that directly went in our gas tank. We have literally never profited 1 dollar in this band. We in fact owe my parents and some other people a lot of money. Since 2008 we have also bonded with so many venue owners who also have never profited a dollar and those guys are the real heroes right now and they receive no credit. Next time you go to a smaller venue thank the owner. Anyone whose ever fed us, let us crash at your place (sometimes for extended periods of time) shower, come hang out even just for a few beers or a quick chat. The friends we've made doing this is really one of the greatest things that has happened to me. By the way, this doesn't mean you wont be seeing us again, we'll see some of you in a few weeks at least when we hit the road again. All the bands we've met, even if it was one show somewhere, or a few weeks we spent together on tour, we love you guys and we'll see you all again soon hopefully.

So finally, we hope all of you stand by us and embrace this transition the way we are, and we hope we can grow in a HUGE way together. Thanks guys. We love you all from the bottom of our hearts.

email floralterrace@gmail.com or tweet us @floralterrace if youd like to speak more.. also our new twitter @nbhdkids may get you a quicker response!
04:45 PM on 07/17/12
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
They announced this back in May. Not sure what tonight's announcement will be about.
05:34 PM on 07/17/12
underthetalking
La Marea Roja
User Info.
Okay.
05:41 PM on 07/17/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Holy unnecessarily long statement.
08:53 PM on 07/17/12
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
They added me on Myspace forever ago and yet I never heard a single note by them. They always messaged me and left me comments, it got kinda annoying.
10:28 PM on 07/17/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
I remember me they used to message me on Myspace all the time. Never bothered to check out their music.
10:41 PM on 07/17/12
tobuildabridge
Nope. Wrong.
User Info.
this band always acted like they were bigger than they were. seem to be still doing it.

had this band open for me once in endicott, ny. horrendous.

well time to find a new band to make my mortal enemy.
11:13 PM on 07/17/12
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
User Info.
Announcements about announcements again
11:38 PM on 07/17/12
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
more like short story, long lol .."late nights, brights lights" is still on a playlist i listen to all the time. i'll give the new band a listen
12:25 AM on 07/18/12
SaintSammy17
I have nothing witty to write here.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this band always acted like they were bigger than they were. seem to be still doing it.

had this band open for me once in endicott, ny. horrendous.

well time to find a new band to make my mortal enemy.
That first sentence sums up this band in a nutshell.
02:36 AM on 07/18/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
I remember me they used to message me on Myspace all the time. Never bothered to check out their music.

haha samesies
05:50 AM on 07/18/12
killedxatxnight
User Info.
It was never them anyways, they use to flirt with little girls and have them comment back to people and message them. The band was so fucking lazy.
06:50 AM on 07/18/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Never heard of this band; music isn't bad but they had one of the most poorly produced videos ever:

07:30 AM on 07/18/12
killedxatxnight
User Info.
^ was the only decent song they had
I toured with them as their tour manager and merch guy
they are the biggest assholes I have ever met in my life

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles