tstick18
thanks, arthur.
User Info.
This is awesome.
09:14 PM on 07/17/12
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
Holy shit, that video was great. Hearing this song for the first time kind of brings back feelings of when I heard The 59 Sound (song, not album) for the first time. I did have a chuckle seeing them playing guitars that weren't plugged in though.

Edit: Also, the director/crew/band/whoever deserves some recognition for how well they accurately set that video in the 60s (probably?) The cars, clothing, house decor, everything.

Edit 2: Well, I wrote this before I saw the end. That got dark pretty fast. Edit 3: Nevermind, I enjoyed the outcome.

If I'm understanding, every main character is all the same guy at different points in his life? Or does it follow the life of a record through different owners?
Album as it passes through time.
09:16 PM on 07/17/12
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
The end of the video, those last words made me cry. I'm a huge pussy
09:17 PM on 07/17/12
HeadSock
User Info.
If I'm understanding, every main character is all the same guy at different points in his life? Or does it follow the life of a record through different owners?

Follows the life of the record. Girlfriend gives it to boyfriend. Boyfriend goes off (to the military?) and father gives it to neighborhood kid who grows up and sells it to the record store. The singer of the band from way back when then finds the record of his old band.
09:41 PM on 07/17/12
James Johnson
Bottle Kissing Since '05
User Info.
Perfect! I hoped this would get the single/video treatment and it certainly did not disappoint.
09:44 PM on 07/17/12
TylerHartman
User Info.
Fantastic stuff. All I know is that, upon first listen of the album, this was my favorite...it now appears to change with every passing hour...this album is Sink or Swim, Senor & the Queen, '59 Sound and American Slang, all rolled into one perfect album. So happy with every listen of this gem.
09:45 PM on 07/17/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
The end of the video, those last words made me cry. I'm a huge pussy
Its alright man, I got a little teary eyed. Your not alone.
09:50 PM on 07/17/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Follows the life of the record. Girlfriend gives it to boyfriend. Boyfriend goes off (to the military?) and father gives it to neighborhood kid who grows up and sells it to the record store. The singer of the band from way back when then finds the record of his old band.
Wow, that's a fucking awesome plot. A bit depressing when the kid grows up and sells it but it's heartwarming to see the old man find his record. Kind of makes you think about what will happen with Gaslight in time.
09:52 PM on 07/17/12
HeadSock
User Info.
Wow, that's a fucking awesome plot. A bit depressing when the kid grows up and sells it but it's heartwarming to see the old man find his record. Kind of makes you think about what will happen with Gaslight in time.
I think a nice little subplot is how the album means something different to each person.

This song and video are done so well. Ive had it on repeat since the first listen.
09:58 PM on 07/17/12
oneATEtwo
User Info.
Good video for a great song from a kick ass album..

probably my 3rd favourite behind desire and here comes my man right now
09:59 PM on 07/17/12
woodmic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Started listening to this band last week. Wow. Just every song is well done. And their new album probably AOTY. And now this music video.... Wish I listened earlier.
10:03 PM on 07/17/12
lindabobinda
I'm giving in, but never giving up.
User Info.
Seriously loving the album and I loved the video
10:08 PM on 07/17/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
definitely teared up at the end there. so moving.
10:16 PM on 07/17/12
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
I don't think that's the kid from beginnings father or else the singer wouldn't be that old at the end. I think that's the kid from the beginning who has grown up and is much older that gives the record to the neighborhood kid.
10:17 PM on 07/17/12
ParkAvenue
Death Before Decaf
User Info.
I have feelings. All of them.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives