AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Chat: William Beckett

Posted by - 05:49 PM on 07/20/12
Update: The chat is now over. Thanks to William for taking the time to chat.

William Beckett will be chatting here in this thread at approximately 8pm EST. Stop by, say hello, and talk about his new EP, Winds Will Change.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 160
05:57 PM on 07/20/12
HeyDoTheJwalk
User Info.
So, it seems the other thread is not where you'll be talking!
Here's my question: During the writing process, do you have any sort of rituals that you have to do before you can properly get those creative juices flowing?
How do you over come writers block?
06:02 PM on 07/20/12
Tangerine13
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha, new thread!
So again my question is what has become of the finished songs (or unfinished songs) you created with tai over the last couple years for album number 4.
06:03 PM on 07/20/12
kelcmenz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, as instructed ... Hello! :) First of all, you're brilliant, solo or not, and I love what I've heard so far, and can't wait to get Winds Will Change and Walk the Talk in the mail soon. As for questions, when was the moment you knew you wanted to be a musician? And will there be a meet and greet at the Tulsa show? I just bought my tickets. Me and my friend have been fans for years (I found We've Got a Big Mess on youtube about two months after you and the guys played at the Brady on the Sleeping with Giants tour. I was not a happy camper haha) and are so excited! Congrats to you for the great reviews so far!
06:03 PM on 07/20/12
omgitsyvette
User Info.
What is your definition of a "good" song?

Oh, and do you have any plans to tour in Europe soon? (Cause it's about time you do) :)
06:04 PM on 07/20/12
desireejuan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Will there be a meet and greet at the San Francisco show and will you be selling merch there?
heydalila
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi Bill!
First off, I am IN LOVE with Winds Will Change. It gets better every song omg :') Dig A Hole is my fave!

Second of all, I'm dying to know whether or not you have read the letter I gave you during your KL show... the one with the ermm 'envelope-ception' thing in a big brown envelope? It's okay if you havent though, I just want to know :)

Speaking of KL, any news on you coming down here in the very near future? Say this year?

Thanks! Love you through & through Mr. B.
AlmostJordon
User Info.
Big fan of all your work. I was just wondering, are you a lyrics first or guitar first kind of writer?
eatcurlyfries
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was just wondering if you have any plans to tour more in Canada? If you do, I would love it if you did a show somewhere in the province of Saskatchewan, and I know a lot of people who would also love to see you live! c:
windswillchange
User Info.
hi so me and a few other people (as far as i know) never got contacted about the great night video contest thing and you probably havent even seen my video :/ so what do we do?
06:05 PM on 07/20/12
charmainiel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Any plans for an Australian tour? It's been too long since I've heard you live!
06:06 PM on 07/20/12
windswillchange
User Info.
did you learn to solve rubicks cubes on your own?
06:07 PM on 07/20/12
windswillchange
User Info.
which song on winds will change was the most difficult to record? most fun to record?
06:07 PM on 07/20/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
So, it seems the other thread is not where you'll be talking!
Here's my question: During the writing process, do you have any sort of rituals that you have to do before you can properly get those creative juices flowing?
How do you over come writers block?
When I have a song written going into the studio I'm usually pretty comfortable with performing a song once I've had a chance to sit with it. I prefer to do a "scratch" track the night before I really track it so I can properly emote and deliver the song the way it needs to be delivered.
06:08 PM on 07/20/12
decaygirl15
User Info.
William do you ever do meet and greets? Or do you just hang out with fans after shows? I would really love to meet you in San Diego!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos