Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 160.
05:14 PM on 07/20/12
heydalila
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You mentioned in a stageit show that the moment you first get your guitar you started writing songs right away, I'm finding that's hard to do... so any tips? Ive been playing for almost 2 years now but i only have like... a few originals.
envytheliving
not you, extreme sports calendar!
User Info.
were the references to various tai... videos in the compromising me video intentional, or did you just happen to do some similar moves/shots?
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Hey William, I have a couple questions for you.

With the songs on Winds Will Change, what inspired you? And which of those songs is your favorite-for any reason.

What songs should we expect to hear on your tour with Relient K? Just your new songs, or will there be some TAI songs mixed in as well?

I'm very excited to see you and the rest of the bands this Sunday! Also, I wrote a review of Winds Will Change for my blog- http://wp.me/p2wegb-4o -what do you think of it?

Thanks!
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Hi Bill!
First off, I am IN LOVE with Winds Will Change. It gets better every song omg :') Dig A Hole is my fave!

Second of all, I'm dying to know whether or not you have read the letter I gave you during your KL show... the one with the ermm 'envelope-ception' thing in a big brown envelope? It's okay if you havent though, I just want to know :)

Speaking of KL, any news on you coming down here in the very near future? Say this year?

Thanks! Love you through & through Mr. B.
I miss KL! I did read the letter, thank you very much. Hopefully I'll be back in SE Asia in early 2013.
05:15 PM on 07/20/12
kelcmenz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for your support. I knew I wanted to be a PERFORMER well before I wanted to be a musician. Around 15 years old I started writing and performing my own songs at friend's parties and basement hangouts. From those first moments in front of people, interacting and seeing the effect my songs had on them, that's when I knew I wanted to do this.
Of course! That's great and really impressive. I wrote my first instrumental piece a few months ago, so I really respect anyone who can write full songs and perform them, because I was terrified to perform mine.
One more question! Will you be doing any sort of meet and greet at the Tulsa show? Thanks!
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Big fan of all your work. I was just wondering, are you a lyrics first or guitar first kind of writer?
Usually lyrics first, but a lot of the times I'll write both simultaneously.
paytonsayshi
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What's your favorite lyric from any song on Winds Will Change? :)
05:16 PM on 07/20/12
windswillchange
User Info.
what is your least favorite vegetable? (you said "and more" ok)
05:17 PM on 07/20/12
melissaprez
User Info.
Will you be selling Winds Will Change as merch during the upcoming tour? Can't wait to see you in Houston!
imbeccabearsc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sadly I missed everytime you've been to South Carolina. Theres a venue in Marion and a few night clubs in Florence will you check out comeing to those. I could make it there.. and maybe even bring my Service Dog
decaygirl15
User Info.
William I would really love to know if you can hang out with fans after concerts. Specifically San Diego (House Of Blues). It would mean the world if I could meet you. You mean so much to me and you are one of my biggest inspirations. :)
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
did you learn to solve rubicks cubes on your own?
My good friend Tony Marino taught me how to solve it. Then I surpassed him in power and prowess. ;)
05:18 PM on 07/20/12
isabelluhhhh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hate to be "naggy" but I asked you about touring in Alberta/Western Canada earlier in the year and you promised you'd try to get up here to tour. I know I'd love to see you live/in person, and even if you just did acoustic shows in a park outside of a venue I'd still happily go haha. Any progress in the Canadian tour plans?
FirithAriel
User Info.
Hey William!! For the 2nd time this week :-D
First of all, I asolutely admire your decision to keep going with your own stuff after breaking up with TAI and especially after being kicked out of your label. One can only hope you keep on making music until your hair grows gray (and so does mine, which has already started).
Anyway, my question: I imagine that your mind doesn't just shut up with you're making music and besides the songs we've heard on the EPs you must have a million more running around. How do you pick the songs that will actually see the light on your records??

I love Winds Will Change, btw, can't get Scarlett out of my head.
Kisses from Chile!! Hope to see you soon as well
heydalila
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I miss KL! I did read the letter, thank you very much. Hopefully I'll be back in SE Asia in early 2013.

Oh believe me, KL misses you too! Can't wait Mr. B! and thanks for reading the letter, means a world to me :) Would you be hanging around IF you managed to show up in KL? Would love to hang.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests