AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Entertainment News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Entertainment Round-Up (7/21/2012)

Posted by - 11:30 AM on 07/21/12
Head to the replies to view and discuss this week in Movie, Television and DVD news.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
11:30 AM on 07/21/12
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
Entertainment Round-Up
Industry News and Rumors:

Movies

01) I recommend reading this quick take on the tragedy in Colorado.

02) Here's some information on Anthony Mackie's role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

03) I love to see Tom Hardy in the center of this Lawless poster.

04) Wes Anderson will enlist the services of Johnny Depp in his next film.

05) Finding Nemo 2 is happening and Andrew Stanton is on board.

06) Amanda Plummer has joined The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I love this casting.

07) David O. Russell's American Bullshit has lost Christian Bale and gained Jeremy Renner.

08) Astonishing photos from Oz: The Great and Powerful.

09) There might be different directors for each of the last three installments of The Hunger Games films.

10) Lincoln gets a November 9th release date.

11) Here's a teaser poster for The Master. The film will be rated R.

12) Glad to hear Claire Denis is working on something.

Television

01) Here are trailers for the third season of Treme and the second half of season five of True Blood.

02) Kurt Sutter wants a Sons of Anarchy prequel.

03) I'd watch it.

04) Here are your 2012 Emmy Nominations.

05) Some changes have been made to Aaron Sorkin's writing staff for The Newsroom.

Newest Trailers

01) Lesson of the Evil - http://www.slashfilm.com/lesson-evil...takashi-miike/
02) Jayne Mansfield's Car - http://www.slashfilm.com/jayne-mansf...-family-drama/
03) The Master - http://www.slashfilm.com/the-master-theatrical-trailer/
04) The Campaign - http://www.slashfilm.com/the-campaign-trailer/
05) Bachelorette - http://www.slashfilm.com/bachelorett...t-bridesmaids/
06) Man of Steel - http://movies.yahoo.com/video/ymovie...-30051313.html

Absolutepunk Entertainment Forum Links

The Avengers
Game of Thrones
Mad Men

The Amazing Spider-Man
Parks and Recreation
The Dark Knight Rises
The Hunger Games
Community
Prometheus
The Book Thread
Movie Lists 2012

-------
sources: blogs.indiewire.com, deadline.com, nymag.com, hollywoodreporter.com, comingsoon.net, slashfilm.com, variety.com, deadline.com, avclub.com, collider.com, tvline.com, trailers.apple.com, moviephone.com,
-------
If you have a bit of entertainment news you'd like to submit for next week's Round-Up, send your submission to Thomas Balkcom with "Entertainment Round-Up" in the subject header.
11:32 AM on 07/21/12
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
Sincere apologies for the brief hiatus. Life got a bit hectic around the end of June and beginning of July. And a friendly reminder that this news only covers the week prior and I'm aware that there's a good bit of important news from previous weeks that is not covered here.
12:45 PM on 07/21/12
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
I'm interested to see how Oz will turn out... I'd love a movie adaptation of Wicked as well!
12:49 PM on 07/21/12
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
I hope Tom Berenger takes best supporting.
02:23 PM on 07/21/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Sure hope breaking bad cleans up the awards and that the new girl wins something.
02:24 PM on 07/21/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
Pixar also announced that they will be making Finding Nemo 3, in which Martin has to track down where child services took Nemo after he was charged with negligence for losing his child twice.
03:13 PM on 07/21/12
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
A Sons of Anarchy prequel could be awesome. I'm shocked that the show got no love from the Emmys.
05:02 PM on 07/21/12
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
Love the Newsroom because of the cast. I think it's a great little show so far, only on episode two.

Stoked Wes Anderson's new film has a title now! I'm looking forward to this movie, because it will be interesting to see Depp in an Anderson film.
06:55 PM on 07/21/12
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
- no to more pixar sequels
- the newsroom needs to rein sorkin in. the show is absolute trash.
-the master is probably going to be my movie of the year
07:00 PM on 07/21/12
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
- no to more pixar sequels
- the newsroom needs to rein sorkin in. the show is absolute trash.
-the master is probably going to be my movie of the year
1. why?
2. why?
3. why?

I'm so sick of people on here throwing out generic statements with nothing to back them up. Sure, people can say they don't like something, or that they love something,
but you better have a reason for it or you're gonna look like a whining idiot or a fanboy.

Explain, don't just state.

This isn't really directed at you, just something I've seen copious amounts of on here. People need to explain what they state, and think better.
08:57 PM on 07/21/12
Jake Gyllenhaal
Baloney and beans
User Info.
This isn't really directed at you, just something I've seen copious amounts of on here. People need to explain what they state, and think better.

Are you questioning the anticipation behind "The Master"?
10:09 PM on 07/21/12
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
User Info.
A Sons of Anarchy prequel could be awesome. I'm shocked that the show got no love from the Emmys.

I would love to see that.
10:21 PM on 07/21/12
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
Are you questioning the anticipation behind "The Master"?
Nope - just wanted the poster to further explain his stance for all 3 items - and anyone else for that matter.
10:23 PM on 07/21/12
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
1. why?
2. why?
3. why?

I'm so sick of people on here throwing out generic statements with nothing to back them up. Sure, people can say they don't like something, or that they love something,
but you better have a reason for it or you're gonna look like a whining idiot or a fanboy.

Explain, don't just state.

1. Toy Story 3 is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time and I love Finding Nemo as much as the next guy. Here's the thing, Pixar is filled to the brim with creative geniuses whom I believe are being wasted on sequels. Not that FN 2 wont be a good movie, it probably will be, but there are most likely some original, mind blowing ideas that are being passed over in favor of established hits. Add this to the fact that FN in no way, shape, or form, needs a sequel. The original is such a gem that I would hate to see it's legacy tarnished with a money grabbing sequel.

2. The Newsroom had me excited. It could have been an exciting look at the news media. Instead we got Heres What Aaron Sorkin Thinks About (Insert Issue). Its like the West Wing but without good, nuanced characters.

3. The clips released so far. The fact that Juaquin Phoenix is back. The fact that PS Hoffman is in it. PT Anderson. The fact that it explores scientology.The fact that Jonny Greenwood is scoring. Plus, I didn't say it would be my movie of the year, I said it would probably be, and I stand by that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos