Password

Album Review

Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue Album Cover

Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue

Reviewed by
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Record Label: Capitol
Release Date: July 22nd, 2003
This review is a user submitted review from TDenverFan. You can see all of TDenverFan's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
03:05 PM on 07/28/12
BeTheYoung3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good review. Although, Back Home NEEDS to be mentioned. It's an incredible. View From Heaven is phenomenal too, so emotional. Life of a Salesman is so sick with its fast paced lyrics and guitars. One year, Six months is an amazing slow song as well. Twenty three is great with Mackin as the lead. If anything, Inside Out and Miles Apart are fillers, but nonetheless better than most songs I've ever heard. Like you said, one of the greatest of all time.
01:54 AM on 07/29/12
Kixur413
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I second Back Home, definitely one of the top tracks from Ocean Avenue AND Yellowcard. Great review none the less
08:47 PM on 07/29/12
TDenverFan
User Info.
Member rating 50%?
10:02 PM on 08/04/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
how is empty apartment and life of a salesman sounding the same to you. Not only are both awesome songs and Life of a Salesman one of the best songs on the album but the songs sound nothing alike. Life of a salesman is a faster song and Empty Apartment is a lot more slow to mid tempo. I have loved this album for years and while I agree with the score I honestly don't think this review does the album justice. Its good but to give the album a 94 and call some of the best songs filler is crazy. Despite its popularity, I think Ocean Avenue is actually the worst song on the album and still great.
09:26 AM on 08/05/12
TDenverFan
User Info.
I said neither song stood out, not that they sounded similar. I said that the two songs couldn't be more different.

And to each to his own, but I think those 2 songs are probably the bottom two in the album.
08:14 PM on 08/05/12
(l,k)
hate on me then you hate success
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i like this album but you cant have a decent amount of so-so tracks on such a short CD like this and be able to justify it being one of the best of all time lol
08:21 PM on 08/05/12
TDenverFan
User Info.
Maybe it's nostalgia. This was probably one of the first albums I've ever heard.

Plus, the good tracks are phenomenal. Breathing is my all-time favorite song.
03:19 PM on 08/06/12
ChrisD2011
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is one of those albums you can just listen to all the way through. Good review. Great hard working band.
01:19 PM on 08/10/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
This review reads like its been done by a 10 year old .... are you 10?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos