AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:18 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
Male - 27 Years Old
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps a couple of the newer Hopeless bands may get rotating opening slot??

I am 99% certain it is only a three-band bill.
07:24 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
I am 99% certain it is only a three-band bill.

Well that sounds better to me
07:30 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
Bradsonemanband doesn't like a band. They must be overrated

i know people love them, and that's fine. but i don't. they're always on tours that i want to see though. i'm just saying that i wish the pop punk scene had more of a variety.
08:06 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
panterafan17
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Philadelphia
Male - 20 Years Old
If any Pop Punk band deserves a lot of tours and a lot of attention, Its The Wonder Years imo. Maybe its because they're the reason me and my girlfriend fell in love but they hold a special place in my heart whereas every other Famous Pop Punk band either comes or goes or in general is just boring and generic as hell (1. being Man Overboard. Can't stand that band). Regardless, if this tour comes to philly, I will absolutely be taking my girlfriend.
08:24 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
i'm so tired of The Wonder Years being a shoe-in on every pop punk tour. i've seen them like 3 times in the last year and i don't even like them. totally overrated.

If any Pop Punk band deserves a lot of tours and a lot of attention, Its The Wonder Years imo. Maybe its because they're the reason me and my girlfriend fell in love but they hold a special place in my heart whereas every other Famous Pop Punk band either comes or goes or in general is just boring and generic as hell (1. being Man Overboard. Can't stand that band). Regardless, if this tour comes to philly, I will absolutely be taking my girlfriend.

I think what he meant was that there use to be an actual scene where bands helped each other out based on common style or geographical location. Now it appears that the flavor of the week band gets to do a bunch of tours (I am not knocking The Wonder Years I love them too). I just think he was speaking on a different time, I mean when Yellowcard was formed you were 3-years-old. When I think of "Famous Pop Punk" neither The Wonder Years nor Man Overboard are anywhere near being included on that list. I am not knocking you for your age, we are all up and coming at sometime, just saying the Scene of music is so so different than it was in the late 90s early 00s.
08:37 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
I think what he meant was that there use to be an actual scene where bands helped each other out based on common style or geographical location. Now it appears that the flavor of the week band gets to do a bunch of tours (I am not knocking The Wonder Years I love them too). I just think he was speaking on a different time, I mean when Yellowcard was formed you were 3-years-old. When I think of "Famous Pop Punk" neither The Wonder Years nor Man Overboard are anywhere near being included on that list. I am not knocking you for your age, we are all up and coming at sometime, just saying the Scene of music is so so different than it was in the late 90s early 00s.

yes exactly.

i wish Yellowcard was taking out some unknowns or something. that would be awesome. The Wonder Years are doing good now. it's time to give another band a shot.
09:18 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
jjnunn118
Starship Renegade
Salem, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
About time this was finally announced, though I thought a different band was opening. Guess things changed.

Who did you think was opening originally?
09:37 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
NJ / NYC
Male
At least I can show up late and just catch YC. Killer love band.
09:55 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 21 Years Old
yes exactly.

i wish Yellowcard was taking out some unknowns or something. that would be awesome. The Wonder Years are doing good now. it's time to give another band a shot.

Yellowcard wants to sell tickets, twy will do that
10:06 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
Yellowcard wants to sell tickets, twy will do that

I don't think Yellowcard has a problem selling tickets
10:28 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
caraballo
Gnarkill
Carmel, IN
Male - 18 Years Old
I don't think Yellowcard has a problem selling tickets
Well if they took out unknowns then that would certainley hurt the draw, And instead of playing to maybe1/2 or 3/4 filled venues they will be playing to a sold out venue
10:40 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
Well if they took out unknowns then that would certainley hurt the draw, And instead of playing to maybe1/2 or 3/4 filled venues they will be playing to a sold out venue

When people show up for an opening act they will often leave before the headliner. This is why it is typical practice to have opening acts be less popular.
10:46 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
No way. I was going to this tour anyway for Yellowcard but definitely am excited to see The Wonder Years finally. VERY anxious for dates.
11:27 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
No Avatar Selected
New York, NY
Male - 30 Years Old
Is this going to be called the "Reasons To Show Up Late" tour? Openers are terrible. Yellowcard should know better.
11:37 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
Readyfuels
COYS
MD/DC
Female - 25 Years Old
Oh my gawwwwddd

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music