AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:01 PM on 09/30/12 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I read an ap article says girl had a cracked skull and broken hand. Nothing about drugs though. Btw just to show you what a piece of shit he is. Every band had a signing yesterday except them and Norma Jean, but Norma Jean shared Born of Osiris's tent and was openly hanging around.
02:05 PM on 09/30/12 
User Info.
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again

video for anyone needing proof
04:28 PM on 09/30/12 
User Info.
Jigglypuff
Male - 22 Years Old
I read an ap article says girl had a cracked skull and broken hand. Nothing about drugs though. Btw just to show you what a piece of shit he is. Every band had a signing yesterday except them and Norma Jean, but Norma Jean shared Born of Osiris's tent and was openly hanging around.

That really bites, especially because I think they are doing the typical "pay VIP to meet us" type of deal for their tour coming up. Didn't they do signings most days of warped too? Sigh...
He just got out of jail, had that incident with his girlfriend who worked for Epitaph, and now this. He needs to do these signings from a PR perspective. Kind of off topic, but what happens when some random person says he raped/assaulted her in the trailer, as its happened to a few bands. He's an obvious target, but who is going to believe him if he portrays himself as an asshole? Even from a selfish point of view, he could use the signings as an alibi, but I could go on and on. Kinda just bugs me that he doesn't understand there is a target on his back.
08:25 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
DetraLynn
No Avatar Selected
Maryland
Female - 26 Years Old
Apparently the event wasn't organized at all. Six Flags is never gonna let another concert tour/show play there ever.
08:58 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I went Saturday and it was just a disaster. A major disaster and anyone that defends it and says it wasn't that bad is just in denial. Before I start with my list of things that went wrong. I will say that all of the bands were fantastic and did their best to make a bad situation good for the fans. Specifically We came as Romans who apologized and thanked the fans a ton for their support. And really put on one of their best performances like they were really trying to make things ok.

List of problems:
They said the gates would open at 10:30 Am, but they made all the festevil attendees wait in a separate line and wouldn't let any of then in until 11:30. With some people waiting an hour or more after that to get in, thus eliminating a giant chunk of ride time.
None of the staff knew where the stages were besides the main stage and definitely blew kids off who were asking.
: There were no set times available for the first hour due to them having to make last minute changes to the lineup due to 90% of the crowd still being outside in line when the event was suppose to start.
: Merch wasn't available til about 3 pm
09:04 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Our Last Night no showed which was a known fact at the beginning of last week to the organizers, but they failed to announce it prior.
The following bands all had their sets cut down
My Ticket Home played for 12 mins down from 20
I The Breather played for 15 mins down from 20
Texas In July played for 22 mins down from 30
Norma Jean played for 26 mins down from 30
Born Of Osiris played for 23 mins down from 30
I See Stars played for 11 mins down from 30
The Word Alive played for 23 mins down from 30
We Came As Romans played for 30 mins down from 50

Also the 2nd stage got shut down completely with three bands left to play.

And the show got so far behind that there was only 20 mins of ride time left after

Also the haunted activities were not available to festevil attendees despite it being promised entire park access.

And this is all without even mentioning Ronnie Radkes idiotic actions that just put an even bigger black eye on the whole event.

The fans of this show definitely got robbed. $60 to see band after band barely play, and have to put up with ridiculously long set up times and mass confusion.
11:22 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
cvs24
Jersey Born & Raised
Northern NJ
Male - 21 Years Old
Yep, sounds like a trainwreck... And Six Flags as expected has banned "metal" shows, due to the Radke incident.
11:26 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Jigglypuff
Male - 22 Years Old
Yep, sounds like a trainwreck... And Six Flags as expected has banned "metal" shows, due to the Radke incident.

Did they really? That's kind of funny actually.
12:01 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 22 Years Old

damn I was really hoping to catch my fav bands at great America lol
12:48 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
PerfectChaos337
Just read a few news articles about Six Flags banning heavier music. It really sucks that that dude had to ruin it for everyone. I mean, I wouldn't consider a theme park to be the ideal place to see these kinds of bands anyways, but it definitely could have turned into something pretty cool.
01:24 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
ACA
Next Show: Glass Animals @ Philly
NJ / NYC
Male
Dashboard Confessional was top-notch at Six Flags.

I really hope they do more concerts there.
01:40 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
Dashboard Confessional was top-notch at Six Flags.

I really hope they do more concerts there.

Six Flags usually doesn't allow moshing or crowd surfing. They made an exception for this show but after the debacle they just had, I'm doubting they'll be making that exception for a long time. Maybe that works for certain concerts but not for most of the music this site follows. Besides, this isn't the first mishap they've had, when All Time Low played the security was terrible and when the band called them out on it they ended up getting banned from ever playing there. I'd much rather bands just played at other venues.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos