AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 69
01:08 PM on 07/26/12
TheModernAge
User Info.
Tom sounding like crap has nothing to do with his voice changing due to age. It's almost as if he is purposely singing these songs like crap. His phrasing and enuncation is completely out of whack. His guitar playing is solid on every song, but I can't believe how many fans around here can honestly tell themselves that Tom is singing well. There is something seriously wrong with Tom. I don't care how much people try to deny it. It's a real shame too.
This is what I'm saying. It's like he puts ZERO effort into singing! And I agree, it's almost like he's trying to sound awful, and I can't figure out why.
01:14 PM on 07/26/12
avengedtbs
May your music break my eardrums
User Info.
Love this song
01:16 PM on 07/26/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
Tom sounding like crap has nothing to do with his voice changing due to age. It's almost as if he is purposely singing these songs like crap. His phrasing and enuncation is completely out of whack. His guitar playing is solid on every song, but I can't believe how many fans around here can honestly tell themselves that Tom is singing well. There is something seriously wrong with Tom. I don't care how much people try to deny it. It's a real shame too.
I completely agree. It's like he's trying to prove something, as though the songs are below him since he "learned how to really sing." Tom has never and will never be a great singer. He's a dude with a unique voice who wrote some of the best pop-punk music of all time.
01:32 PM on 07/26/12
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.
Most blink fans that say Tom sounds great on a youtube video are people who have watched countless and endless videos of Tom live. They understand how terrible Tom is at singing, they know this. They've moved past it years ago, he's never been good.

So when someone says Tom sounds good, it's in his own standard. He's never going to be spot on or decent, but he is good on his own terms. Nobody thinks Tom sings well.
01:33 PM on 07/26/12
fran.182
Euphoric Disconnection
User Info.
People exaggerate about them being old. For god's sake, two members are 36, the other is 40. There's plenty of bands with older members, and you don't even have to leave the scene they come from to notice it.
01:39 PM on 07/26/12
Bingham88
User Info.
this kicks so much ass
01:51 PM on 07/26/12
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
I completely agree. It's like he's trying to prove something, as though the songs are below him since he "learned how to really sing." Tom has never and will never be a great singer. He's a dude with a unique voice who wrote some of the best pop-punk music of all time.

Spot-on
01:52 PM on 07/26/12
musicmakesme
@Clare_OShea
User Info.
This was so good! Really liked the acoustic songs they chose last night, especially Going Away To College.
01:56 PM on 07/26/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
idk I don't think tom is a great singer or a bad singer. I sorta think he has his own way of doing things that kinda just fit or was memorable in the music they played. It is grating but somehow works because of how the songs were made. I know a few artists who are like that. The Front Bottoms singer sounds like he is constantly singing out of tune but it fits the music and the way the lyrics are emphasized.
02:04 PM on 07/26/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Not bad, love thsi freaking song.
02:29 PM on 07/26/12
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
User Info.
Good god, the vocals sound like it was recorded at an 8th-grade talent show...
02:57 PM on 07/26/12
dustman361
konstant boner.
User Info.
fuck yes.
02:59 PM on 07/26/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
Thought this was great
03:02 PM on 07/26/12
Charlieistony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i agree.... I've been a blink fan my whole life and still am, but Tom is a horrible vocalist. He sounds like he has serious problems with his voice.
03:02 PM on 07/26/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Come on Toms vocals have probably been the best on this turn since the reunion and people still aren't happy aha. Tom has one of the voices that sounds brilliant in the studio.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos