|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
I was walking through an old German cemetery in Illinois with my friends around one in the morning and this horse popped out of no where and started prancing around. Someone muttered "a ghost pony", and I thought that name was cool.
2. How did this band get started?
I was playing in a Alt/Hardcore group and had written songs that clearly didn't fit the band on the side. My friend Emily heard some and told me to "write my damn songs" and perform them.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I'm a huge fan of Jesse Lacey, Kevin Devine and anything that has come out of Long Island in the past ten years. Anything Vocal-Centric, I suppose. Gotye is great.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I would do a tour opening for--- Pete Seeger, Glen Hansard. I would really dig playing with "The Lonely Forest". Definitely Katy Perry, or Carly Rae Call Me Maybe.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Vegan food! Saving animals tastes great.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to all kinds of music. I guess as a tag-line, mine is diverse in emotionality and catchy. Whenever I play "Jamie" to someone they can't stop singing the chorus.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Clint Dempsey. Greatest American soccer player EVER.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My producer and good friend--Jamie Bridges.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I think people who organize gigs should be promoting the hell out of their own shows, OR constructively incorporate the bands that they put on their bills into their team to help create a good show. Giving you a flyer and then getting pissed when you don't bring more than 5 people out to see an acoustic set is ridiculous. I've booked shows and I put my ass into making sure those bands play to people.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Busking in Times Square
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP has been around forever. I've found loads of cool groups and onezies on it. Great group of people.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
A ramped up version of Death Cab's "I'll follow you into the dark"- you can dance to this one.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Anything that Tom Chapin is doing, he is the brother of Harry Chapin (Cat's in the Cradle, etc) and writes songs for children. He's also a great activist and really cares about just making music with people. Great guy; listen to all of his songs.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To live forever and be in shape (not grow a weird tumor etc)
-People always say, "You'll be old and know when its time to go", and that's true, but only if you stop being active. I want to make new friends and constantly gain new perspectives, and attain higher levels of humility and wisdom. I want to see what our species does! If you ever get stuck in a pattern, you aren't living.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I always try to add a song I don't know that well right before I go onstage and then onstage decide not to do it. One day…One day.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm Puerto Rican.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
It's cool for people who are into music. But it's nothing like the 60's-70s-80's. Once people find a way to exploit the game, they keep doing it over and over and over. There is so much licensing crap and you should really be able to send a song to a DJ, have them enjoy it and start playing it all the time. The only place you can do that now are at a few colleges, and on E-Radio. I don't rate E-radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Go on long walks.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
When I get into the mood, I can do a sort of half ass break dance--I've won dance-offs doing this.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |