AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Warped Tour News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Seattle Warped Tour Venue Moved

Posted by - 10:41 AM on 07/27/12
Seattle's Warped Tour has had its venue moved.

Submitted by jjnunn118

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
11:00 AM on 07/27/12
TheGoodnightMoon
cursed far more than I am praised
User Info.
Should have moved it to the Gorge, one of the most gorgeous venues ever.
11:02 AM on 07/27/12
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.

THIS. the gorge is fucking GORGEOUS!!! white river is ok, but the town it's in is sketchy.
11:06 AM on 07/27/12
vaguestcargo
When I disappear...
User Info.
White River sucks. You have to leave an hour before the show's over if you don't wanna spend three hours trying to get out of there. And the city's reroute through the boonies is SO sketch.
11:09 AM on 07/27/12
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
Where was it originally? Marymoore?
12:08 PM on 07/27/12
neversaynever73
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im not ok with this. this really fucked my plans. marymoor is about 5 minutes away from my place as compared to the hour long drive to white river and the 3 hour drive home with tons of traffic on a two lane road. Lets not change the venue next year, Kevin. The gorge was just fine. The canadians love going there too. stop being so damned money greedy.
12:18 PM on 07/27/12
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Marymoor was definitely a head scratching move, but why not keep it at the Gorge? Makes so much more sense.
12:25 PM on 07/27/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Marymoor was definitely a head scratching move, but why not keep it at the Gorge? Makes so much more sense.

Cause getting to the Gorge sucks? I donno the advantage of having it at white river over the Gorge (probably a money thing), but at least Marymoore is possible to get to without a car.
12:37 PM on 07/27/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.

Did you go to Paradiso?
12:37 PM on 07/27/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Where was it originally? Marymoore?

Yeah, in Redmond... I'm not sure if they moved the Redmond location or not, Seattle ain't Redmond.
12:38 PM on 07/27/12
fallfromgrace85
CephaLOVEpod
User Info.
im not ok with this. this really fucked my plans. marymoor is about 5 minutes away from my place as compared to the hour long drive to white river and the 3 hour drive home with tons of traffic on a two lane road. Lets not change the venue next year, Kevin. The gorge was just fine. The canadians love going there too. stop being so damned money greedy.
Pretty sure it wasn't Kevin's idea. Many cities are being "anti" Warped this year - I believe one Cali city would have kicked the show out if they had known it was booked earlier.
12:48 PM on 07/27/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
MOTHERFUCKER! I was just getting excited about only having to drive over to beautiful Redmond...now I have to drive to this shit venue with their smelly dead animal smell? At least it used to smell like that when they first opened it up
01:22 PM on 07/27/12
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
They moved the Warped weekend up a weekend so the Gorge was already booked for a Country festival that weekend.

So glad I chose not to go after seeing they moved it to Redmond, and I don't care if I live 14 minutes from Marymoor, that is just not a place I'd want to have a festival at.
01:32 PM on 07/27/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I wonder how many people will show up at the original venue?
01:54 PM on 07/27/12
neversaynever73
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty sure it wasn't Kevin's idea. Many cities are being "anti" Warped this year - I believe one Cali city would have kicked the show out if they had known it was booked earlier.
Kevin said that they changed it so more Canadians would come and that it was easier access to people in the city. In my head that translates to "bigger attendance=more money". If you have been going to warped for the past 11 years- going to the gorge is a tradition. It's half the reason I ever go to the festival anymore.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos