Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 31
01:09 PM on 07/27/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Kevin said that they changed it so more Canadians would come and that it was easier access to people in the city. In my head that translates to "bigger attendance=more money". If you have been going to warped for the past 11 years- going to the gorge is a tradition. It's half the reason I ever go to the festival anymore.
HEAVEN FORBID THE MAN TRY TO PUT THE SHOW IN A PLACE WHERE THE MOST PEOPLE CAN COME. WHAT A SELLOUT. WARPED TOUR SHOULD BE A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION.

Seriously.
01:13 PM on 07/27/12
danperez
User Info.
People sayin its sketch? What is the crime rate?
Can i safely park my car there for 7 hours?
01:17 PM on 07/27/12
neversaynever73
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
HEAVEN FORBID THE MAN TRY TO PUT THE SHOW IN A PLACE WHERE THE MOST PEOPLE CAN COME. WHAT A SELLOUT. WARPED TOUR SHOULD BE A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION.

Seriously.
Did I say anything about him being a sellout? Nope. This tour makes plenty of profit. It was a better location at the Gorge because people from western AND eastern Washington could attend as the venue is right in the middle. Marymoor also had 1/4 of the capacity as the Gorge. The ticket price is also higher this year.
01:29 PM on 07/27/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Did I say anything about him being a sellout? Nope. This tour makes plenty of profit. It was a better location at the Gorge because people from western AND eastern Washington could attend as the venue is right in the middle. Marymoor also had 1/4 of the capacity as the Gorge. The ticket price is also higher this year.
People complain about Kevin not getting big enough bands, and then he does and people complain about the ticket price.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
02:19 PM on 07/27/12
neversaynever73
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
People complain about Kevin not getting big enough bands, and then he does and people complain about the ticket price.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
You sure love taking what I say out of context. I just said I noticed that ticket prices were higher this year- That wasn't a complaint. Maybe if you read more of my black and white text and less of what you THOUGH I was saying you wouldn't feel the need to go on an ALL CAPS RANT, Kanye.
04:22 PM on 07/27/12
inthiscrowdedrm
Live Free.Die Free.
User Info.
It can't be at the Gorge due to a 3 day Country Music Festival using the grounds the same day Warped would need it. Marymoor was the second choice and was never fully bolted in. Needless to say the city of Redmond said No and told Warped it had to go elsewhere. I honestly could care less as to where it is held, I just want to see some of my favorite bands and support them. (Even though the gorge is beautiful and basically home of the WA state Warped)
04:32 PM on 07/27/12
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Ah I miss the Gorge. Will not be going to bum-Fuck Auburn for this now. I live about 5 minutes from the Redmond gig. Shame.
05:30 PM on 07/27/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
I, too, am still very unhappy to see this not at The Gorge...but I would've muuuuch prefered to go to Redmond than freakin Auburn.

Oh, well. At least the weather will be awesome (supposedly). I bet there are a lot of people that show up at the wrong venue.
08:04 PM on 07/27/12
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Cause getting to the Gorge sucks? I donno the advantage of having it at white river over the Gorge (probably a money thing), but at least Marymoore is possible to get to without a car.
Very true. I guess Marymoor couldn't give them adequate space that the Gorge can? But like many are saying, Auburn's biggest issue is traffic. It's such a headache getting out of that hellhole.
08:06 PM on 07/27/12
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
They moved the Warped weekend up a weekend so the Gorge was already booked for a Country festival that weekend.

So glad I chose not to go after seeing they moved it to Redmond, and I don't care if I live 14 minutes from Marymoor, that is just not a place I'd want to have a festival at.
The ground can be uneven and parking is clunky. It would have Ben convenient, but messy. Not that White River is much better. I understand all sides of it. Wouk have been cool to have it so close in Redmond, but I get it.
12:19 AM on 07/28/12
SnowPatroler
User Info.
i wonder how they're going to do the tickets from a no seating venue to a mostly seated venue, i've been to White River a few times but never seen the chairs removed, can they do that?
10:41 AM on 07/28/12
blindrider529
User Info.
i wonder how they're going to do the tickets from a no seating venue to a mostly seated venue, i've been to White River a few times but never seen the chairs removed, can they do that?
Good question. I've only been there once to see the Eagles within the first year or so it opened and I forgot that I sat in a chair for that. I barely remember this venue, really...except the smell. Do they even have enough room for all the different stages and tents??
11:19 AM on 07/28/12
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
i heard that they're not having it at the gorge this year because last year a bunch of dumb shit kids set things on fire...
08:23 PM on 07/31/12
Lazzaritis
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i heard that they're not having it at the gorge this year because last year a bunch of dumb shit kids set things on fire...

That's false. Dumb kids set shit on fire there every year and it hasn't stopped them before.

Really, a lot of what's been said in this thread is false.

A lot of the information Kevin has posted on his twitter has openly discredited a lot of the claims: The venue was set at Marymoor because the Gorge was booked. Venue was moved to WR because city of Redmond officials were trying to limit warped (no backpacks, no water bottles, no snacks, no nothing), Marymoor was slated to use the ENTIRE park for Warped and not just a small section, White River will not have seats, White River will happily honor tickets for Marymoor.
09:54 AM on 08/01/12
blindrider529
User Info.
A lot of summer tours aren't going to The Gorge this year. I'm assuming it's more of a money thing than anything else, although that thing with the campsites on fire and stuff was a pretty big deal. AND they threatened to not host Warped anymore...coincidentally warped is not at the Gorge. Not a big leap to assume.

I have no idea why they couldn't confirm with Redmond the backpack and water stuff until a week before the show, considering they book Warped like 6 months in advance.

To be honest, the worst thing is that TONS of people will show up to Redmond on Saturday. No way around it. I have no doubt that well over have the people going haven't heard that the venue has changed. The lucky ones who follow Warped on Facebook or Twitter will get the first few hours or the tour to themselves, though. That's pretty cool.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos