Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 148
11:54 AM on 07/27/12
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
i remember waiting for my pre-order from smartpunk on the release day. read the Altpress article on 'em in the meantime. The CD didn't arrive 'til the next day and I played the hell out of it. still have a softspot for it.

and that summer, while on vacation in georgia, the demo version of "a decade under" from the warped tour 2004 comp was on repeat in my CD player - that was a good time.
11:57 AM on 07/27/12
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
first album i ever bought. it was right around this time 8 years ago. 8 years......damn.
12:00 PM on 07/27/12
georgedcc
User Info.
It's the only TBS album that I think is great.
12:10 PM on 07/27/12
JoeForPresident
Vocals/Guitar - Modern Chemistry
User Info.
wow. this record is still one of my favorite records. it's definitely my favorite TBS release and probably in my top 5 albums of all time.
12:12 PM on 07/27/12
bringthenoise
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is the best TBS record in my eyes. it was so raw. Louder Now might have been more refined for this lineup, but One Eighty By Summer is easily the best song TBS ever recorded.
12:12 PM on 07/27/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
TAYF > LN = TBS > WYWTB > the other one
12:15 PM on 07/27/12
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
I mostly remember the controversy this album spurned on this very site when it came out.

With that said, though, after downloading "This Photograph" and "A Decade Under" on WinMX (old school maneuver), I thought the ban sounded bigger and was going to be massive. I suppose, in a way, it happened later on down the road. Anyway, this album never say right with me until a year or two later (probably close to when Louder Now was released) when I realized just how many strong hooks it contains. Definitely have to say it could be my favorite of theirs now, but I don't know. I'd have to think about that, only because TAYF had a much more profound impact on my musical tastes.
12:16 PM on 07/27/12
Clockwork00
Write it on the walls and read it.
User Info.
Best album TBS has ever released. Slowdance is one of my favorite songs ever.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
not quite a new American classic, but probably my favorite record by them
Tele72
User Info.
I remember being in 4th grade and seeing that odd cover on a shelf at Best Buy. 8 years later and it's one of my all time favorite albums!
12:18 PM on 07/27/12
Charles777
my anaconda don't
User Info.
Love this record.
12:26 PM on 07/27/12
Grohl
RATA
User Info.
This probably has a bit more significance to me than TAYF even. I had listened to it on and off in middle and high school, but the summer before my senior year I had heart surgery and it pretty much kept me indoors and brooding. Blasted WYWTB the entire time. (Along with Devil & God from Brand New)

Angsttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttt.
12:27 PM on 07/27/12
TAI182
User Info.
My favorite TBS album.
12:40 PM on 07/27/12
amnstypls
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yea, like I totally get why they don't play it, but since its one of my favorite TBS songs its something I always hope for. Fred Astaire would rule too.

I might be in the minority here, but thought the "fred-era" lineup was better than the TAYF lineup.

right there with you.
12:40 PM on 07/27/12
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
WYWTB and Louder Now are my favorite Taking Back records. I think that Fred and Adam were the sickest combo together. Not that I don't like John in the band, but I just love Fred's voice whether he's in TBS or not. Definitely bought the record a few times from disc scratching car abuse. Great tunes!
fred just looks like such a nice guy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version