AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

UK News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

UK Music Round-Up (07/29/12)

Posted by - 04:51 AM on 07/29/12
Head to the replies to see this week's UK Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
04:51 AM on 07/29/12
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
29th July
UK Music Round-UpFestival News
The lineup for Reading and Leeds has expanded. Amongst the bands announced this week are Attention Thieves, Max Raptor and Marmozets.

News
So Frank Turner played at the Olympic Opening Ceremony pre-show. UK users can watch "I Still Believe" on iPlayer at 1 hour 42 minutes. Everyone else, head here.

Blink 182
will not be rescheduling Thursday's cancelled Brixton Academy show. Those with tickets should contact their point of purchase for a refund

Head here to watch Don Broco's video for "Actors".

Lower Than Atlantis have a video for "Love Someone Else".

See Hawk Eyes' video for "Headstrung" here.

Feed The Rhino have posted a video for new track "The Burning Sons".

Listen to Goodtime Boys' new track "Callous" here.

Click here to grab a free download of The Dead Formats' new track "Just What the Dr. Ordered". Their new album At Sixes and Sevens is out on the 10th September and is now available to pre-order.

Portia Conn's debut EP Runaway was released today. The release includes her cover of Deaf Havana's "Little White Lies". Grab it at iTunes.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Tours
The Revival Tour
(Chuck Ragan, Joe Ginsberg, Jon Gaunt, Emily Barker, Cory Branan, Jay Malinowski & Rocky Votalato)
October
16th Cardiff Solus
17th Norwich Waterfront
18th London Islington Academy
19th Brighton Concorde
November
12th Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms
13th Oxford Academy 2
14th Manchester Academy 2
15th Nottingham Rescue Rooms
16th Birmingham Other Room
17th Glasgow Garage
18th Newcastle Northumbria University
19th Bristol Thekla
20th Leeds Stylus

And So I Watch You From Afar
November
7th Bristol Thekla
8th London Garage
9th Manchester Academy 3
10th Glasgow ABC2
11th Birmingham Institute
30th Belfast Mandela Hall (Matinee)
30th Belfast Mandela Hall (Evening)

Canterbury
November
27th Bristol Croft
28th Cardiff Clwb Ifor Bach
29th Plymouth White Rabbit
30th Truro B-Side
December
2nd Northampton Roadmender
3rd Wolverhampton Slade Rooms
5th Stoke Sugarmill
6th Hull Fruit
7th Sheffield Corporation
8th Leicester O2 Academy 3
13th Southampton Cellar
14th Tunbridge Wells Forum
15th Aldershot West End Centre

Madina Lake
November
26th Reading Sub89
27th Manchester Deaf Institute
28th Sheffield O2 Academy
29th Glasgow King Tut's
30th Birmingham Temple
December
1st Cardiff University
2nd London Garage

The People, The Poet & Jim Lockey & The Solemn Sun (Co-headline)
September
28th Milton Keynes Crauford Arms
29th Manchester Sound Control
30th Cardiff Clwb Ifor Bach
October
1st Bristol Croft
2nd London Barfly

Jackson Firebird
August
17th London Camden Barfly
19th London Old Blue Last (free show)
21st London Islington Academy (w/ Eagles Of Death Metal)
22nd Brighton Green Door Store

Anneke van Giersbergen (SUPPORT: Mojo Fury)
September
19th London Borderline
20th Manchester Roadhouse
21st York Fibbers
22nd Glasgow ABC 2
23rd Birmingham Academy 3
07:33 AM on 07/29/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Every time I see the UK music weekly round up I always think its a shame theres not more people coming into comment on the scene here.
08:49 AM on 07/29/12
mudwayne
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If I still lived there, I'd be all over that revival tour in Islington.
09:41 AM on 07/29/12
mattay_o
thisbrokenglass
User Info.
Every time I see the UK music weekly round up I always think its a shame theres not more people coming into comment on the scene here.
Agreed. I suppose this is a mostly American user based website though.
11:44 AM on 07/29/12
zildjian
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agreed. I suppose this is a mostly American user based website though.

I think that is one of the problems. I am British and i mainly come on here for the general music news. For the british music scene i head over to another website (punktastic).

I think one thread a week (roughly?) on the scene isnt going to get much attention. I'd rather they just posted each of the news posts when they were submitted. Fair enough for the small bands that solely play the uk, but ive posted things like MCS intimate tours which are a renound AP style band and it didnt make the front page. As far as imaware.
12:02 PM on 07/29/12
DeadPoetic
sr mod
User Info.
Some people don't always have anything to say - I read every week and I'm in the UK but I don't have anything to comment on.
01:28 PM on 07/29/12
Jaded87
Sweetness, i was only joking
User Info.
I might check out the revival tour in Norwich if i have the funds.
01:41 PM on 07/29/12
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Some people don't always have anything to say - I read every week and I'm in the UK but I don't have anything to comment on.
<3
I might check out the revival tour in Norwich if i have the funds.
You won't regret it if you do. Revival Tour is always a wonderful spectacle.
I think that is one of the problems. I am British and i mainly come on here for the general music news. For the british music scene i head over to another website (punktastic).

I think one thread a week (roughly?) on the scene isnt going to get much attention. I'd rather they just posted each of the news posts when they were submitted. Fair enough for the small bands that solely play the uk, but ive posted things like MCS intimate tours which are a renound AP style band and it didnt make the front page. As far as imaware.
I'd love to change that. Not been around recently but definitely going to step up UK news posts and keep you on AP.net.
Spread the love. What're you looking forward to?
01:43 PM on 07/29/12
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, that The People, The Poet & Jim Lockey tour is going to kick so much arse.
02:06 PM on 07/29/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.

Punktastic is a rad website and they cover live shows as well as news which is great!

This is what I usually do too.

Spread the love. What're you looking forward to?

Will do! I'm looking forward to While She Sleeps new album (Think they were mentioned the other week in the weekly round up) they are getting pretty big here and I've known some of the lads in the band for a few years. Also interested on seeing what Bon Brocos new album will sound like "Actors" is a pretty good song. Might check out the revival tour to see Chuck Ragan as well.
03:11 PM on 07/29/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Yeah, for what it's worth, I read this every week. I don't really know what to comment, so I don't bother. I always read though.
04:52 AM on 07/30/12
sambulance
I Invented Times New Roman
User Info.
Punktastic has gone a bit downhill in terms of news recently. It used to be on top of everything but I've found relevant UK news being posted on here (or Rocksound, etc) and not on there.
10:12 AM on 07/30/12
brandnewsheep
Walking Is Still Honest
User Info.
Punktastic has gone a bit downhill in terms of news recently. It used to be on top of everything but I've found relevant UK news being posted on here (or Rocksound, etc) and not on there.
Agreed, punktastic seems to get so wrapped up in specific bands (say like 5 of them for a period of time) that they forget about the rest of the scene and fall behind.
01:29 PM on 07/31/12
DeadPoetic
sr mod
User Info.

I don't like their new website. It used to be pretty good when you could go straight into commenting on a news post, the same as here, but now it's not as easy when it takes you to the main forum page instead.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos