Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

Biffy Clyro Announce Album Title + Release Song

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (07/31/12)
Biffy Clyro's new album will now be titled, Opposites. The band's new single can be heard in the replies.

Submitted by georgedcc

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
01:54 PM on 07/31/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
02:07 PM on 07/31/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Gonna copy and paste what I said in the album thread.

Vocals sound kinda weird, but it may be a poor quality rip. Song sounds alright, I love the bagpipes, I'm only gonna listen to it once though.

The album title intrigues me, makes me think one album is gonna be weird and one album is gonna be accessible. I'd like that to be the case.
02:11 PM on 07/31/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Dig it, but I agree with the above comment about the vocals. Really hope it's just a bad quality rip.
02:28 PM on 07/31/12
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
The album title intrigues me, makes me think one album is gonna be weird and one album is gonna be accessible. I'd like that to be the case.

I also hope this is the case. I know that they need to sound commercial to sell units/tickets/merch and make a living, but I feel they've really abandoned the sound that won them fans at the beginning. I still support the band and love the music they put out...just would love to hear some more mental songs
02:36 PM on 07/31/12
rdkelly
User Info.
03:48 PM on 07/31/12
E=MCHAMMER
bottled
User Info.
I also hope this is the case. I know that they need to sound commercial to sell units/tickets/merch and make a living, but I feel they've really abandoned the sound that won them fans at the beginning. I still support the band and love the music they put out...just would love to hear some more mental songs
Just an interesting thought, but the majority of the fans that they have now were not earned with the early sound, but from what they put out from Puzzle onwards. That's when I became aware of the band, though I have grown to love the band's early work even more than the new stuff. However as much as we might want a return to that sound, from the band's point of view when you change your sound and become an arena headlining band, you would probably be reluctant to return to old ways.
04:08 PM on 07/31/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Just an interesting thought, but the majority of the fans that they have now were not earned with the early sound, but from what they put out from Puzzle onwards. That's when I became aware of the band, though I have grown to love the band's early work even more than the new stuff. However as much as we might want a return to that sound, from the band's point of view when you change your sound and become an arena headlining band, you would probably be reluctant to return to old ways.
Yeah, I agree with this. I would expect this album to sound like a continuation of the sound on Puzzle and Only Revolutions for the most part. My hope is that because it's a double album, they'll sneak in a few crazy songs. I fully expect there to be a fair few middle of the road rock songs that will no doubt be all over the radio.

I'm sure I'll love it anyway.
04:21 PM on 07/31/12
GerryK1978
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think the bagpipes go on a little bit too long but it's a decent enough track that has grown quite a lot on me since I heard it for the first time

I'm one of those "old style" Biffy fans, been one since the debut album and seen them plenty of times when there was hardly anybody in the small places they were playing. I'm more of the opinion that I like the band to finally get the recognition that I feel they should have got with Blackened Sky but the UK press pretty much ignored them until Puzzle with publications like NME making fun of the sort of song titles that Biffy were using rather than listening to utter classic albums like Blackened Sky and The Vertigo Of Bliss. As usual with bands that start getting on the radio, they've started attracting people who don't bother with their full library and I will admit that it's a bit of a pain at gigs when I'm used to the whole crowd singing along to stuff like Justboy or the earlier albums when it was "our" band so to speak

I feel the song has slight feelings of Infinity Land spliced with the newer style of Puzzle/Only Revolutions which I'm quite happy about as I liked all 3 of those albums. I am hoping for some sort of Bodies In Flight/There's No Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake on the double album though as I don't think I'd be a proper Biffy fan if I wasn't. I'm not somebody who thinks they have sold out though because I like seeing the band get what they deserve, recognition from an ignorant media who mostly ignored them until they went on to a major label
04:59 PM on 07/31/12
georgedcc
User Info.
I think the bagpipes go on a little bit too long but it's a decent enough track that has grown quite a lot on me since I heard it for the first time

I'm one of those "old style" Biffy fans, been one since the debut album and seen them plenty of times when there was hardly anybody in the small places they were playing. I'm more of the opinion that I like the band to finally get the recognition that I feel they should have got with Blackened Sky but the UK press pretty much ignored them until Puzzle with publications like NME making fun of the sort of song titles that Biffy were using rather than listening to utter classic albums like Blackened Sky and The Vertigo Of Bliss. As usual with bands that start getting on the radio, they've started attracting people who don't bother with their full library and I will admit that it's a bit of a pain at gigs when I'm used to the whole crowd singing along to stuff like Justboy or the earlier albums when it was "our" band so to speak

I feel the song has slight feelings of Infinity Land spliced with the newer style of Puzzle/Only Revolutions which I'm quite happy about as I liked all 3 of those albums. I am hoping for some sort of Bodies In Flight/There's No Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake on the double album though as I don't think I'd be a proper Biffy fan if I wasn't. I'm not somebody who thinks they have sold out though because I like seeing the band get what they deserve, recognition from an ignorant media who mostly ignored them until they went on to a major label
Totally agree with all of this. Brilliant post.
05:01 PM on 07/31/12
ProGlynn
Running out of time...
User Info.
Go to the official webpage, join the mailing list,
and you can get a good quality stream of the song.
Great song by a great band.
06:54 PM on 07/31/12
cmccloskey
To Here Knows When
User Info.
Is it still going to be a double album? I hope so.
I heard the stream on their site, great song
07:36 PM on 07/31/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Do the vocals dip in and out and sound weird and switch between foreground and background on the official website version of the song? Can't download right now and intrigued because if that was a stylistic choice, it was a bad one. Not a fan of the song generally either.
09:52 PM on 07/31/12
TylerHartman
User Info.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh............best rock band in the world. Endostory.
02:09 AM on 08/01/12
richie
User Info.
There's a link where you can stream the song, good quality (decent at least)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buF9f...ure=youtu.b e
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums