Username
Password

10:39 AM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
Male - 27 Years Old
For Blink?

Not shocked, I guess. But with 20k+ people at each date, you'd think it would be hard to outgrow Warped.

Anyone know how much a band on Warped makes? Obviously it depends on the stage, but any ideas?

For Kevin. Blink's guarantee is astronomical and far above anything Kevin could afford to pay them without significantly raising the ticket price.
10:47 AM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
ohsnoes
Registered Member
you know that they're no longer a band, right?

I don't listen to them, so I didn't know. So replace some power pop/pop punk band with around the same popularity as them for that slot.
10:52 AM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
kidinthebushes
Any shot at Blink 182 being on the tour?

Asterisks are the ones I'd really like

Also, wishlist:
****Sparks the Rescue**** (It might be hard to get on a stage label-free, though)
**Bowling for Soup** (Yes, they still exist)
Sum 41
A Day to Remember
**Danger is My Middle Name** (IDK if they still exist)
Dropout Year
Assemble the Skyline
Artist vs Poet
This Wild Life
Dear You
**Red Jumpsuit Apparatus** (IDK why these guys get so much hate)
TSSF

Bands I'd like to return from this year:
****Bayside****
Mayday
**I Fight Dragons**
Phone Calls From Home
**Patent Pending**
Junior Doctor
I Call Fives
C!N,CC

Awesome to see someone mention DIMMN. Sadly, they did break up.
10:59 AM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
ohsnoes
Registered Member
Thats prolly a pretty good guess. The only thing I would say is I think Attila, Forever The Sickest Kids, and Norma Jean would all get mainstage slots if they got on. But yeah this is pretty good line up to lol.

I have no idea about Attila or ftsk, but I think Norma Jean could be this years ETID.
11:00 AM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
TDenverFan
PA
Male - 18 Years Old
Awesome to see someone mention DIMMN. Sadly, they did break up.

Dang. Revenge on the Radio and Here We Go are two of my favorites.
11:54 AM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
For Kevin. Blink's guarantee is astronomical and far above anything Kevin could afford to pay them without significantly raising the ticket price.

lets put it this way Taking Back Sunday took a significant pay cut to be a part of the tour this year. Not compare where they are and where Blink is. Blink plays warped venues and bigger ones on their own.
12:26 PM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
kidinthebushes
Dang. Revenge on the Radio and Here We Go are two of my favorites.

I used to go to all their shows before they abruptedly broke up.

I think multiple guys were sleeping with the same girl and that lead to the breakup.
01:17 PM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
gurby
the kids can't lose
Charlotte, NC
Female - 26 Years Old
i just want the acoustic basement to return.
01:30 PM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
Brooklyn, NY
Male
I'll post some bands I like/speculate to be on it, not really sure on who might be but here's the list:

Anberlin
Cartel
Boys Like Girls
Jimmy Eat World
Matt Skiba
The Story so Far
Forever Came Calling
Go Radio
Gallows
Daytrader
The Swellers
Foxy Shazam
Versaemerge
The Wonder Years
Letlive
Touche Amore
Paramore
Trash Talk
Silverstein
Like Moths to Flames
I Am the Avalanche
Aiden
The Hotel Year
Saves the Day
Coheed and Cambria
Parkway Drive
Architects (UK)
Handguns
Enter Shikari
Just Like Vinyl
Dance Gavin Dance
NOFX
Big D
The Front Bottoms
A Skylit Drive
Animals as Leaders
A Day to Remember
Hit the Lights
The Chariot
Joyce Manor
Hot Water Music
The Hives
Veil of Maya
Stick to Your Guns
Sainthood Reps
Say Anything
Reel Big Fish
The Rocket Summer

I can't really think of too many bands of the All Time Low type who are big anymore honestly lol
01:32 PM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
cvs24
Jersey Born & Raised
Northern NJ
Male - 22 Years Old
Updated... Only bands I added to the Rumored section were The Wonder Years (because they pretty much sound like a sure thing for next Summer) and Structures (Since they've tweeted about playing).
01:40 PM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
Dayton, OH
Male - 20 Years Old
The thing about TWY is I think they're too big for Tilly's now, but not so sure if they're big enough for Mainstage. They'd be perfect size for Monster I think, but not sure if they'd fit in well.
01:42 PM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
Ditka For Gov
West Chicago
Male
Probably way off predictions:
Main Stage 1- The All American Rejects, Anberlin, Boys Like Girls, Fun., Lights, Motion City Soundtrack, Reel Big Fish, The Offspring (select dates)
Main Stage 2- August Burns Red, Bring Me The Horizon, Chiodos, Escape the Fate, Story of the Year, We Came As Romans, The Devil Wears Prada
Other Stages- Bowling For Soup, Hawthorne Heights, Awolnation, The Almost, The Ataris, Every Avenue
02:13 PM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
AFNjeff
Macon, GA
Male - 21 Years Old
The thing about TWY is I think they're too big for Tilly's now, but not so sure if they're big enough for Mainstage. They'd be perfect size for Monster I think, but not sure if they'd fit in well.

I definitely see them as a Monster band. I feel like people who say they're mainstage worthy are overestimating their popularity. However, with a new album, (that is well received) they could easily make the jump IMO, so by the time warped rolls around, they may be a perfect fit for main.
03:21 PM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philly / Boston
Male - 21 Years Old
I definitely see them as a Monster band. I feel like people who say they're mainstage worthy are overestimating their popularity. However, with a new album, (that is well received) they could easily make the jump IMO, so by the time warped rolls around, they may be a perfect fit for main.

I honestly think they're a mainstage band, and I'm not saying that because of the fact I like their music or any real bias. I went to multiple Warped Tour dates this summer, guess what band shirt everyone was wearing, The Wonder Years. Admittedly I live on the east coast so it could be different out west but Kevin Lyman has stated multiple times when judging bands for Warped he looks at what the kids are wearing to figure out what will be big come next summer. If they had played this year I imagine they probably would have been a Monster band that would have gotten the bump multiple times to the main stage.
03:42 PM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
freakoffaleash
Egg
Hendersonville N.C.
Male - 19 Years Old
I honestly think they're a mainstage band, and I'm not saying that because of the fact I like their music or any real bias. I went to multiple Warped Tour dates this summer, guess what band shirt everyone was wearing, The Wonder Years. Admittedly I live on the east coast so it could be different out west but Kevin Lyman has stated multiple times when judging bands for Warped he looks at what the kids are wearing to figure out what will be big come next summer. If they had played this year I imagine they probably would have been a Monster band that would have gotten the bump multiple times to the main stage.
Dude, I agree on the shirt thing, it seems like every kid I saw at my date was either wearing a wonder years shirt or a for all those sleeping shirt

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos