AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

GlassJAw News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Glassjaw Invites Very Few To a specialfuckingevent

Posted by - 09:01 AM on 08/04/12
Glassjaw's August 9th special event has been implied rather than revealed for those who purchased their 'Special 93' package which includes their five seven inches, a custom shirt, and a ticket. It appears to be a screening of their new upcoming DVD.

Submitted by Eurotrash Drock

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
09:09 AM on 08/04/12
LetterBomb31
// I M P O S S I B L E S O U L //
User Info.
Are they actually going to release this DVD properly (i.e. on Amazon) or is it just going to be like their last EP where you can only get it at shows? Cos that was super frustrating for fans like me who want a physical copy of everything but can't always go to shows.
09:29 AM on 08/04/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I like this.
09:34 AM on 08/04/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Are they actually going to release this DVD properly (i.e. on Amazon) or is it just going to be like their last EP where you can only get it at shows? Cos that was super frustrating for fans like me who want a physical copy of everything but can't always go to shows.
90% of the time you can find someone in the forums who will pick one up for you if you pay them.
09:37 AM on 08/04/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Quote:
Glassjaw cannot control acts of G-d (yet), so if something shitty goes down and you're unable to attend and/or unable to make it on time, that fucking sucks.

Great website.
10:22 AM on 08/04/12
Saves The Night
AP's Resident STD Fan
User Info.
I can't wait for all five of their seven inches to penetrate me....I mean, oh man, I guess I read that wrong.
10:36 AM on 08/04/12
Charles777
my anaconda don't
User Info.
Awesome.

Hopefully I will be able to purchase this at some point.
10:41 AM on 08/04/12
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.

loved that part.

hopefully this DVD (if it is a DVD) gets a wide release. and hopefully it's from the tour they played all of colouring book in the encore.
11:14 AM on 08/04/12
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My wife and I shall be attending. Should anything interesting happen, I shall report back.
11:37 AM on 08/04/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Love GJ but does anyone actually sit down and watch these DVDs? I have maybe 20 not counting pack ins with CDs and I've watched maybe 5.
12:02 PM on 08/04/12
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im selling my ticket here since i wont be around if anyones interested

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110930157378...t_50 0wt_1109
12:18 PM on 08/04/12
anciar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
if i was in ny i would so be there
01:06 PM on 08/04/12
5fikev
User Info.
Love GJ but does anyone actually sit down and watch these DVDs? I have maybe 20 not counting pack ins with CDs and I've watched maybe 5.

I love watching music dvds if they're done properly.
02:03 PM on 08/04/12
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I run a record store, and the market for music dvds has significantly dwindled in the past 5 or so years, but still does very well. It, however, does well in things like adele & rod stewart i.e. concerts people sit down for. Anything where you would be up and moving doesn't sell anymore, because who can really just sit there and watch something like a gj show? At least that's my observation of things.
02:18 PM on 08/04/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I run a record store, and the market for music dvds has significantly dwindled in the past 5 or so years, but still does very well. It, however, does well in things like adele & rod stewart i.e. concerts people sit down for. Anything where you would be up and moving doesn't sell anymore, because who can really just sit there and watch something like a gj show? At least that's my observation of things.

That's what I had thought. I mean I enjoy these DVDs but I guess as I get older I don't have as much time to sit there and watch a band's set. The studio footage DVDs are more feasible though, I do enjoy those.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos