AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:21 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
For anyone that uses an e-reader (on a tablet, ideally) - what's the best program/method for converting a Word document into an EPUB file that won't lose formatting? Specifically I'm trying to retain the spacing and alignment of bullet points that have gotten skewed on all three of the methods I've tried so far, including saving as a .pdf.
11:40 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
bduke13
is looking for that clearer water
Baltimore
Male - 25 Years Old
https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason

Check out the dudes twitter background. He thinks he is god's gift to journalism. There is something really messed up about openly campaigning to win any sort of award in journalism.
07:24 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
I'm taking 10+ shots a game
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
For anyone that uses an e-reader (on a tablet, ideally) - what's the best program/method for converting a Word document into an EPUB file that won't lose formatting? Specifically I'm trying to retain the spacing and alignment of bullet points that have gotten skewed on all three of the methods I've tried so far, including saving as a .pdf.

Have you tried calibre?
07:35 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
I'm taking 10+ shots a game
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Good luck to anyone in New England, especially the Boston area, this weekend. Not gonna be fun.
07:56 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
Madison, WI
Male
Anyone have a recommendation for an external hd with about a TB of space or where to buy one? Just bought a Mac and looking to transfer/back up all my stuff.
09:04 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
Good luck to anyone in New England, especially the Boston area, this weekend. Not gonna be fun.

I probably won't leave my house for 2 days. There's already a decent amount of snow. Damn.
09:07 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Anyone have a recommendation for an external hd with about a TB of space or where to buy one? Just bought a Mac and looking to transfer/back up all my stuff.

http://reviews.cnet.com/marketplace/

check this over the next couple days/next week

They always have external hd's on there. I think they had one with a TB of space for like 50 bucks last week.
09:56 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdi...hp?f=9&intagid[]=300

Should be sorted by hard-drives from the start; then just parse through. You can also sort by rating, so, you'll tend to get the best deals that way. Basically, 1TB external has been $50ish lately, and add $30 or so for each additional TB. I've had good luck with both Western Digital and Seagate, but I think most of my current stuff is WD
10:23 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
Have you tried calibre?

I haven't. Thanks, I'll check it out.
12:16 PM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
Welp, roads are closed to non emergency vehicles here in MA starting at 4 o'clock. If you're caught driving after 4 you can be hit with a $500 fine. This is crazy.
12:20 PM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male

if youre willing to spend the money, get a time capsule.

2tb of space plus an airport extreme (best router on the market) built in for $300. its worth it.
12:22 PM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdi...hp?f=9&intagid[]=300

Should be sorted by hard-drives from the start; then just parse through. You can also sort by rating, so, you'll tend to get the best deals that way. Basically, 1TB external has been $50ish lately, and add $30 or so for each additional TB. I've had good luck with both Western Digital and Seagate, but I think most of my current stuff is WD

and this if you dont wanna go time capsule. stick with western digital or seagate.
01:02 PM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
Welp, roads are closed to non emergency vehicles here in MA starting at 4 o'clock. If you're caught driving after 4 you can be hit with a $500 fine. This is crazy.
makes sense...what reason does someone have to be on the road when that storm is hitting? And forcing emergency people out on the road to rescue your ass for being an idiot probably should come with some cost.

Apparently Maine had a 19 car crash earlier
01:10 PM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 29 Years Old
Staff Member
So I was in the pit last night with Cassadee Pope and I didn't even recognize it was her. Hope she didn't mind all my elbows and sweat!
01:32 PM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
So I was in the pit last night with Cassadee Pope and I didn't even recognize it was her. Hope she didn't mind all my elbows and sweat!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos