Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 42
09:46 AM on 08/07/12
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Titus Andronicus and Tera Melos seem like prime RIYL material.
10:11 AM on 08/07/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Personally don't hear Titus, at all. Tera and Maps and Atlases are pretty good from the math rock perspective.

If you dug American Art, you'll probably love this.
11:00 AM on 08/07/12
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
Personally don't hear Titus, at all. Tera and Maps and Atlases are pretty good from the math rock perspective.

If you dug American Art, you'll probably love this.
American Art? I don't know how similar that one is either, but I guess taste wise they could be like-minded. Think I'm seein these dudes Friday though, can't waaait. This album is the beeeezneeeez.
11:03 AM on 08/07/12
MyJukeboxBroke
I need a Couch
User Info.
What does everyone think the RIYL should be then? Honestly if you've never heard this band, I think that description gets you to listen to it and there's poppy-ish vocals mixed with that type of musicianship....feel free to leave your own thoughts on the RIYL in the thread so maybe people who haven't heard of this band will check them out though.
i hear your fun./the format and steal train reference to it a bit

oh by the way, when is more steel train set to come out?
11:04 AM on 08/07/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
American Art? I don't know how similar that one is either, but I guess taste wise they could be like-minded. Think I'm seein these dudes Friday though, can't waaait. This album is the beeeezneeeez.

Aesthetically similar. Hard to pin down for sure.

That's awesome though. They aren't coming through here I don't think.
12:04 PM on 08/07/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
What does everyone think the RIYL should be then? Honestly if you've never heard this band, I think that description gets you to listen to it and there's poppy-ish vocals mixed with that type of musicianship....feel free to leave your own thoughts on the RIYL in the thread so maybe people who haven't heard of this band will check them out though.
I first listened to them because someone described them as something to the effect of Andrew W.K. gone indie.
12:11 PM on 08/07/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I first listened to them because someone described them as something to the effect of Andrew W.K. gone indie.

The song they did with him is awesome
12:12 PM on 08/07/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
The song they did with him is awesome
Agreed
12:43 PM on 08/07/12
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
how anyone can compare this to fun. is beyond me
12:46 PM on 08/07/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
a little too much interest being placed into the RIYL, it's just a comparison that one person made, let's either talk about how great the album is or how stupid my intro paragraph is!
12:48 PM on 08/07/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Album is fucking fantastic.
12:57 PM on 08/07/12
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
a little too much interest being placed into the RIYL, it's just a comparison that one person made, let's either talk about how great the album is or how stupid my intro paragraph is!
How many intros did you use before sticking with that one? Album is seriously beast though. Holy hell, they whipped it with a belt.
01:04 PM on 08/07/12
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
I like Major better than than self-titled, don't get me wrong it's still good but I felt it had some filler on it while this album has none. I like how they progressed but still kept their sound. No one I know really listens to them so I have to high five myself :(.
01:06 PM on 08/07/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
The 1-2 punch of "Sisterly" and "Seek It Out" is honestly one of the best combos I've heard in a while.
01:27 PM on 08/07/12
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
I felt the same way, but Thomas is a whale of a writer, so I don't question. I just wait with anticipation.
Haha surprised you said that.

Will be checking this out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests