Username
Password
Brand New News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 247.
10:56 PM on 12/17/07
Br&New >
They call 'em rogues
User Info.
Fuck Michigan and its stupidness... I sait here tonight knowing two of my best buddies would be there... so Milkamp I hope you had a good ass time... sounds like an amazing show and I'm sad to miss it
11:02 PM on 12/17/07
B-Bones
"The Christlike Christian"
User Info.
When I saw them on their headlining tour last spring in LA they played like 6 songs from YFW then pretty much all of Deja and then all of TDAGARIM.
11:05 PM on 12/17/07
soundofthebrown
http://weworemasks.com/
User Info.
hahaha cool...good for brand new
11:07 PM on 12/17/07
hxchairstylist
Hair on Mars
User Info.
Well, it's becoming a running joke on this website (and at shows, consequently) that people just can't wait to hear that song. In fact, it's even getting to the point where to make fun of those people is even worse.

As far as WHY, it's definitely a mix of what you said (late to the party, teenagers relate), in addition to long-time fans of the band just loving the song. Moreover, it is a good song, and it's always fun to hear new songs. It certainly destroys some of their newer, weaker songs (I'm looking at you, "Not The Sun", "Archers", and "Handcuffs").

-ACA

whoah. hold up. you're joking right? "newer, weaker songs"? those are all incredible songs, and yes, I agree you are entitled to your opinion, I will say that my opinion of your dislike for those songs is this: "bullshit". ;)
11:09 PM on 12/17/07
bbelair
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you make pretty dumb choices . . loL, going with those teams and especially passing up this show . doubt they're gonna play that album in full again . but you can beat american football will play again tonight, and thursday and again on sunday .

gonna make it a point to say american football is garbage as well. . put two better sports together and thats where american football comes from "rugby and futbal . . ACTUAL football" not "lets only use our feet once in a while" american football , rubbish

Let's be honest dude... rugby is an awful sport to watch and I have played soccer all my life and will defend it until the end, but there's no sport to watch that is more fun than American football.
11:09 PM on 12/17/07
Acer34t
User Info.
Anyone have a setlist?
11:10 PM on 12/17/07
pshh
stop trying so hard
User Info.
j
ea
lo
us
11:11 PM on 12/17/07
ACA
pm if you want to meet at Riot-Chi
User Info.
I'd love to hear YFW live!

1. The Shower Scene
2. Jude Law And A Semester Abroad
3. Sudden Death In Carolina
4. Mix Tape
5. Failure By Design
6. Last Chance To Lose Your Keys
7. Logan To Government Center
8. The No Seatbelt Song
9. Seventy Times 7
10. Secondary
11. Magazines
12. Soco Amaretto Lime
XX. Moshi Moshi

I'll upload the four other songs when I get back to my apartment.

-ACA
11:13 PM on 12/17/07
SgtFumunda
God's away on business.
User Info.
God, I would suck an inmate's testicles for 20 minutes to see them play "Secondary" and "Magazines".
11:15 PM on 12/17/07
emoishardcore
emoishardcore
User Info.
i know it's almost three whole lines, but read it to the end.

i know you probably did not read this article when it first came out, so you wouldn't know that that was an edit after others posted that they did do it as an encore. anything else i forgot to read you can tell me about though? i am pretty dense and dyslecix.
11:18 PM on 12/17/07
BrandNewDream
Beauty Is Destroyed
User Info.
I was there, and, personally, didn't find it all that great. I expected a lot of YFW songs, but not the whole record and nothing else. And yes, I know they played Moshi Moshi. As cool as it was to hear those songs live again, I realized just how bad some of them are (relatively speaking). The lyrics, musicianship, etc. don't hold a candle to the new stuff. Obvious, I know. But I guess it was more disappointing to not hear anything off of Deja, either. I expected a healthy mix off of BOTH Triple Crown releases. And I was honestly hoping they weren't going to play 70x7 at all, just to spite all the people that yell it every single night, DURING other songs the band is playing. "This isn't high school". Worked on a number of levels tonight. If what Vinnie said at the end of the show means that they won't be playing any of those songs again, then I'm glad. I love YFW, but it has its time and place, for me personally, as well as the band. I know it's not the same for everyone, and I know there are people who haven't seen every song the band's written live, but at the same time, they have to respect that, and then just enjoy the surprises if they happen.
11:20 PM on 12/17/07
BrandNewDream
Beauty Is Destroyed
User Info.
Anyone have a setlist?

1. Shower Scene 2. Jude Law 3. Carolina 4. Mix Tape 5. Failure By Design 6. Last Chance 7. Logan 8. No Seatbelt 9. Moshi Moshi 10. Secondary 11. Magazines 12. Soco 13. 70x7
11:27 PM on 12/17/07
notoaststereo
they knew exactly what happened.
User Info.
very cool of them.
11:28 PM on 12/17/07
notoaststereo
they knew exactly what happened.
User Info.
Anyone have a setlist?
serious question?
11:36 PM on 12/17/07
JonyeWest
User Info.
1. The Shower Scene
2. Jude Law And A Semester Abroad
3. Sudden Death In Carolina
4. Mix Tape
5. Failure By Design
6. Last Chance To Lose Your Keys
7. Logan To Government Center
8. The No Seatbelt Song
9. Seventy Times 7
10. Secondary
11. Magazines
12. Soco Amaretto Lime
XX. Moshi Moshi

I'll upload the four other songs when I get back to my apartment.

-ACA

Yo. I am far from gay. But I love you.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT