AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Video News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 47.
09:19 PM on 08/07/12
domotime2
User Info.
its not bad...i mean at first you're like, 'oh, same song again?" but i can see it grow on me. a perfect august song.
09:39 PM on 08/07/12
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
Most popular sentiments I find on this site regarding popular acts I disagree with. It's good to finally agree: This band isn't bad but isn't anything special. Don't see the hype.

Glad for the many fans of this band I know that they finally have a follow-up, though, and that it sounds like more of the same (which will hopefully appease their fan base).
10:58 PM on 08/07/12
drewbaldy
drewbaldy
User Info.
Oh god, reading the comments in this thread prove the hipster cycle is done with Mumford and Sons for a while because they got some play on MTV. I remember two ears ago when everyone was on this bands dick. I guess it'll be two years before te cycle comes back around and everyone loves them again.

This site and it's users are a fucking riot.

Edit: love the song.
12:00 AM on 08/08/12
Mens
User since 2002
User Info.
Phillip Phillips did it better!
he should just come out and say thanks Mumford & Sons for a bunch of cash
01:42 AM on 08/08/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Nice track.
06:33 AM on 08/08/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Oh god, reading the comments in this thread prove the hipster cycle is done with Mumford and Sons for a while because they got some play on MTV. I remember two ears ago when everyone was on this bands dick. I guess it'll be two years before te cycle comes back around and everyone loves them again.

I read this comment and thought to myself "The hell is this guy talking about? What does anything have to do with hipster status?" but then I saw your username and remembered I'm supposed to expect these comments from you.
06:47 AM on 08/08/12
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
Banjo for days.
07:32 AM on 08/08/12
drewbaldy
drewbaldy
User Info.
I read this comment and thought to myself "The hell is this guy talking about? What does anything have to do with hipster status?" but then I saw your username and remembered I'm supposed to expect these comments from you.

It's really not hard to figure out what I'm saying. Two years ago nobody really knew who this band was. So, this site was all over their nuts. Then they got a little bigger and played at the MTV music video awards, so now it's cool to have always liked the genre, but say there are better bands than this one. This is literally the most hypocritical/wishy washy site I've ever been to.
07:37 AM on 08/08/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
It's really not hard to figure out what I'm saying. Two years ago nobody really knew who this band was. So, this site was all over their nuts. Then they got a little bigger and played at the MTV music video awards, so now it's cool to have always liked the genre, but say there are better bands than this one. This is literally the most hypocritical/wishy washy site I've ever been to.
It's not hard to figure out what you're saying, but it's hard to pretend that you're right. The reason a lot of people have had opinions that changed is because Mumford And Sons doesn't release the same song every day so new music changes opinions on them. It happens with EVERY act.

And for the record, I like a lot of "hipster bands" or whatever you'll call em, and I've never liked Mumford And Sons.
08:51 AM on 08/08/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Snorin' borin', shame. I saw these guys play in tiny pubs near me and support The Maccabees before their debut came out and they were fun and exciting then, everything just feels so stale form them now.
10:32 AM on 08/08/12
Nightfox33
User Info.

THIS! We get it hipsters you don't like them because other people know who they are now.
10:49 AM on 08/08/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
It's not that at all, at least not form my perspective, as I said in my previous post, they were great, I guess they just toured the same material for SO long (and I'm not disregarding that hard work at all), a lot of it written and recorded before the album dropped, that it just got very boring and stale. They were great fun initially but it's just lost it for me now and everything sounds like one big bland song.
01:56 PM on 08/08/12
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
User Info.
Not to mention there are many bands in the same genre who are far more creative and get less appreciation
04:30 PM on 08/08/12
birtcho
is...
User Info.
Really good
07:10 PM on 08/08/12
bugginout
bugginout
User Info.
im feeling this
Options
Related News Stories