Username
Password

Album Review - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 202.
05:05 PM on 08/12/12
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
Thomas, you should really stop reviewing pop punk records. Every review ive read from you recently keeps talking about you growing out of the genre. Thats all well and good but your readers are primarily people who havent grown out of the genre. You are single handedly destroying this site's credibility. Not every band has to be springsteen or gaslight man
I completely agree with that last statement. He needs to get out of that mindset.

I also agree with people who say last year in pop-punk was excellent. While I enjoy this album its nowhere near anything great from last year.

At the end of the day this is an album that would have sounded generic in 2003 but fast forward 9 years hearing something like this is somewhat refreshing.
05:09 PM on 08/12/12
david Johnston
Deathwish182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yet you've never listened to a full album by him. And you're completely ignorant to the genre so you feel like it's better to write everything off as terrible instead of giving it a shot or actually reading the reviews about the music to see why people like it. You must be the worst at parties
lol all my friends listen to this shit man. You don't know me but good try.
05:10 PM on 08/12/12
david Johnston
Deathwish182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lol what a fat idiot.. Ps. his verse in that song is fucking terrible
05:12 PM on 08/12/12
Star Slight
User Info.
So you're probably the dude not having fun in the corner as it plays, like a moron
05:14 PM on 08/12/12
david Johnston
Deathwish182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not even a Rick Ross fan but you are an idiot.
explain?.. this is absolutePUNK. and albums within the genre we cover on this site are scoring less than 70 while mainstream hip-hop are getting 80's.
05:15 PM on 08/12/12
Star Slight
User Info.
explain?.. this is absolutePUNK. and albums within the genre we cover on this site are scoring less than 70 while mainstream hip-hop are getting 80's.
I Call Fives is certainly not in the "punk" genre. The parameters of what the site covers has certainly changed since like 03.
Also the Ross album was simply a better album than this, hence it getting a better score
05:20 PM on 08/12/12
david Johnston
Deathwish182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So you're probably the dude not having fun in the corner as it plays, like a moron
I'm the dude owning at beer pong regardless of whats playing. Just cause I think a song sucks, it doesn't ruin my night.
05:21 PM on 08/12/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
You realize that you are comparing two things that are not alike, correct?

You realize that this site covers a wide variety of genres, correct?

You realize that even with the word "Punk" in the name not every pop punk album is going to be considered gold, correct?

You realize that this is a review and it is Thomas' opinion, correct?

You realize that the Rick Ross album review was written by another person who has their own opinions, correct?

You realize how insane it is to call something that you haven't listened to terrible, correct?

If you are able to answer yes to any of those you know why I think you're an idiot.
05:22 PM on 08/12/12
Star Slight
User Info.
I'm the dude owning at beer pong regardless of whats playing. Just cause I think a song sucks, it doesn't ruin my night.
lol
05:31 PM on 08/12/12
david Johnston
Deathwish182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You realize that you are comparing two things that are not alike, correct?

You realize that this site covers a wide variety of genres, correct?

You realize that even with the word "Punk" in the name not every pop punk album is going to be considered gold, correct?

You realize that this is a review and it is Thomas' opinion, correct?

You realize that the Rick Ross album review was written by another person who has their own opinions, correct?

You realize how insane it is to call something that you haven't listened to terrible, correct?

If you are able to answer yes to any of those you know why I think you're an idiot.
This site has people writing reviews for styles of music that they don't even like anymore and making good bands come off as less than average. Its cool to hate on pop-punk now while most of the people that check the site listen to it. Mainstream hip-hop is filled with auto-tune and lyrics that are just about how much money they have and how many girls they have fucked. I have listened to enough Rick Ross to know he's no different. Sorry I didn't sit down with the album before i wrote this (I realize I should have) but I just feel that bands that are talented aren't given a chance because people like Thomas are bashing them in reviews like this one.
05:34 PM on 08/12/12
Star Slight
User Info.
This site has people writing reviews for styles of music that they don't even like anymore and making good bands come off as less than average. Its cool to hate on pop-punk now while most of the people that check the site listen to it. Mainstream hip-hop is filled with auto-tune and lyrics that are just about how much money they have and how many girls they have fucked. I have listened to enough Rick Ross to know he's no different. Sorry I didn't sit down with the album before i wrote this (I realize I should have) but I just feel that bands that are talented aren't given a chance because people like Thomas are bashing them in reviews like this one.
Wait lets think about this one. Maybe, just maybe, Thomas didn't think this album was good. Maybe it just wasn't a good album. And maybe it's cool to "hate on pop punk now" because there hasn't really been a decent album in a good amount of months.

What's wrong with autotune? What's wrong with talking about how many girls someone has had sex with? Especially if the music is entertaining and the beats are interesting and it's fun to listen to? How is Rick Ross any less talented than I Call Fives? Is there autotune in Rick Ross songs?
05:38 PM on 08/12/12
david Johnston
Deathwish182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wait lets think about this one. Maybe, just maybe, Thomas didn't think this album was good. Maybe it just wasn't a good album. And maybe it's cool to "hate on pop punk now" because there hasn't really been a decent album in a good amount of months.

What's wrong with autotune? What's wrong with talking about how many girls someone has had sex with? Especially if the music is entertaining and the beats are interesting and it's fun to listen to? How is Rick Ross any less talented than I Call Fives? Is there autotune in Rick Ross songs?
Ok dude you win. All I'm saying is I don't know why this site has people reviewing albums when they don't like the genre is all I'm getting at.

Such gold just came out with a great release. And a couple months is a time frame to give up on something?
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
From what I can see Thomas loves pop punk. He's not going to like every album in the genre, and that's ok. I love pop punk and I really like this band but this album was a snoozefest.

I'm not even going to get into what you said you said about hip hop. You're wrong and that's it.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
05:39 PM on 08/12/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
lol what a fat idiot.. Ps. his verse in that song is fucking terrible
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives