Password
This Thread is Closed.

12:42 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
TheOtherAndrew
3-0 (1-0 Sun Belt)
Baton Rouge, LA
Male
Florida Atlantic DE Cory Henry says they can beat Bama this weekend with speed.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...mson-tide-beat

Rule of thumb: if you can't beat Middle Tennessee, you're not gonna beat Alabama.
12:47 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Lol, FAU using the words "we" and "can beat" in the same sentence.
01:03 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
shit stroll
Atlanta
Male - 25 Years Old
Arkansas coach John L. Smith is trying to wipe away $25.7 million in debt in bankruptcy court and hang onto $1.2 million in retirement accounts and some personal property, all while he leads the Razorbacks through one of the strangest seasons in team history.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arkansa...34--ncaaf.html
06:26 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
bobby runs
I dunno
San Diego,CA
Male - 24 Years Old
Don't know if this has been posted around these parts. But yeah EMAW
08:05 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
fourletterword
Are U kidding me?
South Florida
Male - 28 Years Old
BYU has 5 turnovers halfway through the third, yet Boise only has 7 points. They keep going for it on 4th down because they don't have a kicker.
08:27 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
BYU has 5 turnovers halfway through the third, yet Boise only has 7 points. They keep going for it on 4th down because they don't have a kicker.

They do have a kicker.

He's 3 for 4 on the season too. ...but his long is under 30 yards.

BYU is just awful on offense so Petersen keeps going for it on 4th down. He will regret doing this if Boise gets into a situation where they need a field goal to tie or win a game. His kicker isn't going to be battle tested.
08:35 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
i'm definitely digging this NFL/college game combo every thursday thing.
08:58 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
what the fuck was that byu? why did the church of latter day saints just go for 2 with 3.30 minutes left in the game?
09:08 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
what the fuck was that byu? why did the church of latter day saints just go for 2 with 3.30 minutes left in the game?

They went for the win. ...should've taken the XP and tied it up though.

Both of these teams have horrible offenses this year.
09:12 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
atainder
freaks r revolutionaries r freaks
Pocatello, ID
Male - 27 Years Old
Boise's would've won 23-0, if they had a kicker/better QB. 5+ on turnovers, and they only won by one point?! Fuck me.. Kellen Moore is a clever guy. He had the playbook down when he was a senior is high school. It took Southwick 3 years.

That said, the defense is stacked, especially the pass D.
09:20 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
atainder
Pocatello, ID
Male - 27 Years Old
Also, this team should still destroy the MW. The only teams I could see giving a fight: Reno, Fresh no, UNM or AFA. Fresno has talent, but a brand new coaching staff should be hard to overcome. Speaking of which, Boise is really missing Coach Pease (O cord, moved on to Florida). Also, I've always respected Fresno, and PAPER RIVAL has me convinced a wee bit haha. The only reason I mentioned UNM/AFA, is because Boise tends to have trouble with the triple option. Luckily, they don't play AFA this year, and I think UNM would need an absolute miracle to beat Boise. As for Reno, that will be a battle, if Southwick doesn't have a good night.

If Boise win out, a BCS bowl isn't completely out of the question (CBS was projecting the Orange bowl, vs FSU, last I checked). That said, the Vegas Bowl would be better this year. The PAC12 looks vastly improved.
09:24 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
ive seen some dreadful coaching decisions in my life, but BYU going for 2 there has got to be one of the stupidest things i've EVER SEEN. i cant think of 1 logical reason to go for it.

first of all, you're not going for the win. there's still 3minutes left. you get the 2, boise still has 3 minutes to make a field goal (i know their kicker sucks) or get a td. that's a lot of time for something to happen.

second of all, if you dont get it. you lose. you have no more time outs.

you kick the extra point, you hold boise (who has no kicker) for the final 3 minutes...and then go to overtime with boise (with no kickeR). dumb dumb dumb, fucking LATTER DAY SAINTS
09:32 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
atainder
Pocatello, ID
Male - 27 Years Old
Hindsight is 20/20, and they were on the road. Plus, they had momentum. That said, I would've kicked it.

Fuck, If Boise would've kicked on a couple of those 4th downs, I bet Frisina would've made one. He's been decent the first two games. His only miss was a block, prior to tonight.
09:33 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
Dumb call by BYU. And my god, I hate Boise. They deserve to lose every game they play solely because of their ugly ass field.
09:38 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
atainder
Pocatello, ID
Male - 27 Years Old
On another note, Boise still has that damn Doctor Who logo. Maybe they didn't want to pay for a fix, considering it's just one year until Big East play.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos