Password
This Thread is Closed.

02:28 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Urban Meyer is changing Jake Stonebruner from a TE to WR. This should be interesting.
Hmm... He ran a 4.49 40 last summer, so it's the worst idea. If he could trim down from the 245 lbs they have him listed at, he could possibly knock that down a little more too. Otherwise, he's solid at running routes and has good straight-line speed, so he could be pretty good. As many reports have stated, he could be very much like Aaron Hernandez was in Meyer's Florida offense.
02:42 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
I just can't wait to watch this OSU defense.
02:49 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
xsandwichesx
Back from hiatus
Columbus, OH
Male - 25 Years Old
Hmm... He ran a 4.49 40 last summer, so it's the worst idea. If he could trim down from the 245 lbs they have him listed at, he could possibly knock that down a little more too. Otherwise, he's solid at running routes and has good straight-line speed, so he could be pretty good. As many reports have stated, he could be very much like Aaron Hernandez was in Meyer's Florida offense.
Per Urban Meyer, he said in today's media day Stoneburner won't be a Santonio Holmes mold receiver, but much like how Hernandez was in the UF system (as you said) where he can be deployed all over the field and get touches. Plus, Stonebruner played WR in high school, which shouldn't be too unfamiliar.

I just can't wait to watch this OSU defense.
Having Noah Spense, Michael Bennett, Sevon Pittman, John Simon, Jonathan Hankins and Adolphus Washington rotating among the DL is asking for a top 5 run defense in the nation.
03:01 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Is Stoneburner suspended for any games this season? Whatever happened after his run in with the law? (An aside: one of the kids he was arrested with lived in the room next to me in our dorm a couple years ago)
03:07 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Is Stoneburner suspended for any games this season? Whatever happened after his run in with the law? (An aside: one of the kids he was arrested with lived in the room next to me in our dorm a couple years ago)
Nope. Charges were dropped and he and Mewhort will have their scholarships reinstated with no suspension.
03:08 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Nope. Charges were dropped and he and Mewhort will have their scholarships reinstated with no suspension.

Charges dropped?! But these delinquents had the audacity to piss on the side of a building and run from the cops! Fucking athletes getting away with murder.
03:13 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Charges dropped?! But these delinquents had the audacity to piss on the side of a building and run from the cops! Fucking athletes getting away with murder.
04:16 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
ooh. love the cover of ESPN Magazine right now.

04:36 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Pound for Pound.
Go Michigan.
04:37 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Pound for Pound.
I actually kind of love it. This is just a complete fuck you season. With Michigan heavily favored, I'd love no more than to beat them and ruin their season in the Big Ten. (Granted, Alabama will already give them one loss)

You don't know that. :(
05:12 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
lol. Denard is gonna throw 8 interceptions against Bama.
05:21 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Pound for Pound.
lol. Denard is gonna throw 8 interceptions against Bama.

I do not think so. It'll be a good game, I don't expect to win, but I don't expect to be a blowout.
05:39 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
I do not think so. It'll be a good game, I don't expect to win, but I don't expect to be a blowout.

I'm trying not to be biased. But I can see a scenario where Denard could be in real trouble if Bama is able to contain the run effectively. I will forever remember that Notre Dame game where he just didn't give a shit and was throwing everything up for grabs. lol.
05:42 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Pound for Pound.
I'm trying not to be biased. But I can see a scenario where Denard could be in real trouble if Bama is able to contain the run effectively. I will forever remember that Notre Dame game where he just didn't give a shit and was throwing everything up for grabs. lol.

Nico Johnson scares me & I don't like to think about that ND game.
05:48 PM on 08/12/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
Nico Johnson scares me & I don't like to think about that ND game.

yeah. I don't know what to think. I mean, I've seen games where Denard is straight up deadly on offense... and then there's the ones where he is a incompletion/turnover machine. We'll see what happens. but yeah, Nico is our veteran star on defense this year. I expect big things from him.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos