MJB12
Silenced.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Want that Neon Trees song stat.
03:30 PM on 08/10/12
Mochem
User Info.
That's the one I'm interested in hearing.
03:37 PM on 08/10/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
This is actually a pretty decent line-up. Hopefully it will be up on Spotify to check out...
04:30 PM on 08/10/12
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
User Info.
Imagine Dragons and Grouplove, nice!
05:17 PM on 08/10/12
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
I agree with all of that, however imo, Disney is pushing it towards kids. Family Guy and Futurama are animated television shows. But are they for kids? No, not at all; they're pushed towards people like you and me. I just think that an 8 year-old would rather listen to Bieber than Passion Pit and Karen O. My two cents.

But an 8 year old isn't strictly who it's made for. Disney is one thing, Tim Burton is his own. It's for adults and kids in the way Nightmare Before Christmas is, where the "target audience" would probably be deemed kids and adults alike. It's not like, Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs aka cheap potty kid humor or something.

Plus just the point of putting Beebz on it would actually take away some of the integrity that appeals to adults.

EDIT: PLUS the fact that a large audience are adults in their 20's because they were fans of the first Frankenweenie, er der.
05:24 PM on 08/10/12
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.
Grouplove is an incredible band. Stoked for their song mostly.
05:31 PM on 08/10/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
I agree with all of that, however imo, Disney is pushing it towards kids. Family Guy and Futurama are animated television shows. But are they for kids? No, not at all; they're pushed towards people like you and me. I just think that an 8 year-old would rather listen to Bieber than Passion Pit and Karen O. My two cents.

Exactly (although I think 8 is a little too young for this film). That's why this soundtrack could be a good opportunity to introduce them to some better music.
05:56 PM on 08/10/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Passion Pit ftmfw
06:07 PM on 08/10/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
This movie looks quite good.
06:54 PM on 08/10/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Favorite Ramones song. Hope the cover is good.
07:07 PM on 08/10/12
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.

Though I 100% disagree with your sentiment this is the hardest I've ever laughed at a gif. Well played sir.
07:25 PM on 08/10/12
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
Karen O talked to Rolling Stone about the song. Sounds like a winner:

"My music inspiration came out of the same era of B-movie fright film references sprinkled throughout the film. I went in the direction of exotica and calypso stylistically because it's quirky, good vibes music of that era, and when you throw in a Theremin solo, it's a marriage made in heaven. I remember Beetlejuice introducing me to the genius of Harry Belafonte's calypso record, so I wanted to give a nod to that, too."
sweet! sounds great indeed
07:54 PM on 08/10/12
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Exactly (although I think 8 is a little too young for this film). That's why this soundtrack could be a good opportunity to introduce them to some better music.

I highly doubt an 8 year old would want to hear the soundtrack if there isn't a noticeable name on it.
07:58 PM on 08/10/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
I highly doubt an 8 year old would want to hear the soundtrack if there isn't a noticeable name on it.

Like I said, 8 is a bit young but let's say a 13 who's a fan of Burton is browsing the internet and comes across this album. They might download it because they're a fan of the film even though they don't know any artists.
09:01 PM on 08/10/12
skellorock
User Info.
No surprise on the Pet Semetary cover, I know Burton made sure that one made it...

in his artbook its also got drawing of danzig, one whom i'm pretty sure is iggy pop, and one resembling courtney love

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos